Really good video on coming food , fertilizer shortage

Nomad

Bill, rice has a long shelf life if stored properly, and it's an extremely versatile food source. When food is scarce, worrying about your carb intake shouldn't even be a thought. To add, I don't think people are laughing it off, I think between the news and other social media people are getting sick of hearing it. Especially when they go on the web to discuss the outdoors and are continually bombarded with this topic.

If one was to put thought into stocking up for the long term, they should be thinking MRE's. Very little effort to heat them up, and they can be eaten cold if needed. Canned goods are somewhat essential, and don't forget - dog and cat food are made to meet specs for human consumption. They taste like crap, but if this is where we're headed, beggars can't be choosers, and it might beat eating your neighbor's cat, dog, or even them.

A lot of these shortages are left over from the COVID pandemic, and just when things were starting to get back to normal, Putin decided it was a good time to disrupt the world seeing COVID didn't bring on the apocalypse.

Don’t think it’ll hit the U.S. that hard , but it seems to be a prefect storm on the horizon for much of the world . Ok fertilizer has and  will hit us harder .

Rice and beans are the two foods that when combined provide all essential amino acids, protein , high calories per pound , minerals,a near prefect pair . A main staple in many parts of the world for a reason .

Few store MREs , they taste fair , are pricey and there’s so,many better options .

Rob, this is General chit chat …. and the off season for many . Looking forward to your Turkey and deer kills pics this year .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

If one was to put thought into stocking up for the long term, they should be thinking MRE's. Very little effort to heat them up, and they can be eaten cold if needed. 

And don't forget the added bonus of green poop..

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

Bill, rice has a long shelf life if stored properly, and it's an extremely versatile food source. When food is scarce, worrying about your carb intake shouldn't even be a thought. To add, I don't think people are laughing it off, I think between the news and other social media people are getting sick of hearing it. Especially when they go on the web to discuss the outdoors and are continually bombarded with this topic.

If one was to put thought into stocking up for the long term, they should be thinking MRE's. Very little effort to heat them up, and they can be eaten cold if needed. Canned goods are somewhat essential, and don't forget - dog and cat food are made to meet specs for human consumption. They taste like crap, but if this is where we're headed, beggars can't be choosers, and it might beat eating your neighbor's cat, dog, or even them.

A lot of these shortages are left over from the COVID pandemic, and just when things were starting to get back to normal, Putin decided it was a good time to disrupt the world seeing COVID didn't bring on the apocalypse.

I bought 4 cases off Amazon after the Great Steal. 1 MRE has enough calories for 1 Adult per day. I estimate 4 cases should last about a month and a half for my household.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

I bought 4 cases off Amazon after the Great Steal. 1 MRE has enough calories for 1 Adult per day. I estimate 4 cases should last about a month and a half for my household.

Things would be desperate indeed, if one had to limit themselves to 1 MRE a day.. on our  elk trip in Colorado last year we ate 3 . Of course that's trudging up, down, and around the mountains.

I'd wack a deer before it came to that.;)

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If it comes to this - Biz becomes Negan in the first 12 minutes.  

if the peanut butter really hit the fan no one recogizes what it would really be like.  Without power 90% of people in the US are dead in six months. 

But will they still Vote ?  Just Curious !

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If it comes to this - Biz becomes Negan in the first 12 minutes.  

if the peanut butter really hit the fan no one recogizes what it would really be like.  Without power 90% of people in the US are dead in six months. 

Biz couldn't be Negan if he was bitten by 10 rabid dogs. No one from Westchester and then moves to CT could ever be Negan. 90% of the city folk would be dead that fast. In the country, there are a lot more resources to get by on, and we don't screw around out here.

Food prices are going to jump up, people are scared and once again panic buying. Not many in the US are used to having to ration anything out.

I don't see this coming to any sort of extremely serious issue if people think and start using common sense. If nukes start flying, worry.

Biz couldn't be Negan if he was bitten by 10 rabid dogs. No one from Westchester and then moves to CT could ever be Negan. 90% of the city folk would be dead that fast. In the country, there are a lot more resources to get by on, and we don't screw around out here.

Food prices are going to jump up, people are scared and once again panic buying. Not many in the US are used to having to ration anything out.

I don't see this coming to any sort of extremely serious issue if people think and start using common sense. If nukes start flying, worry.
If everything went to hell in a hand basket everyone within this area is in trouble , city or country. Where do you think people from the city are headed to....and there are nuclear power plants all around us and those generators only last so long to keep the rods cool, water all around will be unusable to drink when the sewer plants shut down, disease , looting, no heat in the winter etc. The last worry is canned food in reality.

And you're underestimating Biz. Lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If everything went to hell in a hand basket everyone within this area is in trouble , city or country. Where do you think people from the city are headed to....and there are nuclear power plants all around us and those generators only last so long to keep the rods cool, water all around will be unusable to drink when the sewer plants shut down, disease , looting, no heat in the winter etc. The last worry is canned food in reality.

And you're underestimating Biz. Lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

So maybe people should start considering if they could do what had to be done to protect what's theirs and their family. Most of the people in cities who go on about bugging out don't get that that is a fantasy in the larger part. One, they will be too scared to leave, two, they're going to be robbed trying to get anywhere. People stuck in cars in backed up traffic will be easy targets. Again, I refer back to my comment about people not having any common sense.

Maybe a lot of people should learn how to make a fire for heat using alternate methods instead of playing on the web 24/7. Another case of it's avoidable if you use common sense.

Maybe I look at all this a little different from others, but trying to escape a city isn't going to be as easy as many think it will be.

As for the whole loosing power issue, it doesn't seem like too many people are worried, investing in cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and playing the stock market with most if not all money tied up via electronic transfers. All those people with billions will be broke and starving like the rest of the world. If nuclear plants have failure, there's not much one could do. Maybe growing a second head might allow some people to see a POV without their head up their rear-end.

As for the second part? White belts and white wingtips. I'm not underestimating anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CapDistPatriot said:

Things would be desperate indeed, if one had to limit themselves to 1 MRE a day.. on our  elk trip in Colorado last year we ate 3 . Of course that's trudging up, down, and around the mountains.

I'd wack a deer before it came to that.;)

The only thing we actually collected special was 30#s of coffee.. No way in hell I'm going without caffeine. ;)

• Like 1

How much does roundup usually cost? I need to spray an acre this spring and another acre in the fall and was kinda shocked at what it cost. According to the label I need 2 of these bad boys to cover a little over an acre. Most guys say spray, wait 10 days, disc, wait and spray again. I'm not sure I can stomach doing that twice at this price.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/roundup-weed-grass-killer-50-super-concentrate-1-gal?cm_vc=-10005#

43 minutes ago, Belo said:

How much does roundup usually cost? I need to spray an acre this spring and another acre in the fall and was kinda shocked at what it cost. According to the label I need 2 of these bad boys to cover a little over an acre. Most guys say spray, wait 10 days, disc, wait and spray again. I'm not sure I can stomach doing that twice at this price.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/roundup-weed-grass-killer-50-super-concentrate-1-gal?cm_vc=-10005#

disregard. doing a little more research and it seems this will cover a lot more than it claims.

11 hours ago, Belo said:

Prices have doubled from a year ago. Go to a local feed store. You can get generic Roundup for around $80 for 2.5 gallons of concentrate. Works just as good. Wish I would have bought a couple cases last year.

Prices have doubled from a year ago. Go to a local feed store. You can get generic Roundup for around $80 for 2.5 gallons of concentrate. Works just as good. Wish I would have bought a couple cases last year.

For the past several years I’ve gotten generic glyphosate 41% at TSC for $49.95 for the 2.5 gallon jug. Wondering what it’ll be this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Belo said:

disregard. doing a little more research and it seems this will cover a lot more than it claims.

Go to tractor supply there brand was always cheaper with similar chemical composition, just compare labels.