MLB 2022

BizCT

How’s Rizzo doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked forward to him as a top Sox prospect but then was happier to get Adrian Gonzalez who was awesome. But that went to shit and no rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11 minutes ago, BizCT said:

No hitter for Mets

Second no hitter in franchise history. A combined no hitter with 5 pitchers and a MLB record 159 pitches. Good game…. might be a special year for us Mets fans. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:50 PM, BizCT said:

Another gem for Whitlock. He’s a Swiss Army knife now throwing 4-5 innings.

@outdoorstom are you still in touch with him???

9 k’s in 5 innings! He deserved a win.  There was nothing available in our community so rented a place in Ft Myers for spring training so I didn’t see him. I did talk to his mother a few times. I saw him at a game in Boston last season and had a chance to talk.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Texas and Boston both creeping up in standings 

Sox offense finally hit their stride. Probably highest scoring offense in AL, except the last 2 games!

Neither has anything on the Mets. Boy they are hitting. Degrom and Scherzer just watching win after win as they get healthy. 

Anything less than a WS would be disappointing but as we see the Yankees and usually Dodgers 100 win seasons are nice but don’t always = rings.

Mookie Betts is hotter than anyone! He was hitting .133 a few weeks ago.

10 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Neither has anything on the Mets. Boy they are hitting. Degrom and Scherzer just watching win after win as they get healthy. 

Yeah but we need deGrom , Sherzer and  Megill when we go to the West Coast to play the Dodgers , Padres and the Angels. Our 9 1/2 game lead is in jeopardy without them. Return to Citi Field to play the Brewers . We lost our lead last year the same way. 

• Like 1

Rochester Redwings crush those hacks from Buffalo 11-2 !

Its not the big show but it’s our show . 20 minute drive , park next to the stadium, Beers still ten bucks though .

Game time 2 1/2 hours like God intended.

AA1D3B3D-EE18-4002-9FEA-CD23BC9E46F6.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Love minor league baseball. $10 beers are half of MLB beers but that's high for minors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk, I’ve never paid near $20 at PNC or St Louie ,   but I’ll let you know ,in a couple weeks I’ll be at PNC park . And these were 16oz craft beers , standard beers like $7 .

Whats good in Pittsburg is you can crush 16oz cans at the bars outside for like $3-$4 bucks prior . Iron City bay !!! 

7 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Gotcha, I put in for the lottery system. Just waiting to get an email. Hopefully ticket prices are not to outrageous. 

They are, $250ish a day. Its absurd but we make it an event to attend majors so its like a vacation. Friends and family come to town

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They are, $250ish a day. Its absurd but we make it an event to attend majors so its like a vacation. Friends and family come to town

Oh, well.... That's a lot for me to spend on a one day event. I guess I will be passing on the tickets. 

On 6/5/2022 at 9:32 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I just bought tix for next year's PGA Championship, beers will be $18! Last
time they were $6

Is that at Oak Hill by me ? Our friends are members there, and a retired cop I know is a cart and bag boy and gets to play for free on Mondays . Anyhow when I was an EMT, I had the opportunity to work those events .

5727631E-D3E5-46E0-9698-8B6034A45E3D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 9:32 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I just bought tix for next year's PGA Championship, beers will be $18! Last
time they were $6

I just called today to get tickets also. Hopefully will find out tomorrow how many I will be getting.  For $18 a beer I better ask for some beer chips also. Lol

• Like 1

So I just learned PNC Park is now cashless , it would seem to me that will slow things up . I go buy two beers I’d give the guy $20 , $25 whatever and walk away  saying keep the change  . So now I gotta slide a card, hit approve ,enter a tip ? Plus there's no way I’m passing my card down a row of seats to the ones walking the stands . 

Anyone been to a cashless ballpark ?

No bags either ,wtf , we often spend the day walking the cites, prior to the game .A string bag with a water bottle , maybe rain gear, sunscreen , reading glasses  ect is handy .

42 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So I just learned PNC Park is now cashless , it would seem to me that will slow things up . I go buy two beers I’d give the guy $20 , $25 whatever and walk away  saying keep the change  . So now I gotta slide a card, hit approve ,enter a tip ? Plus there's no way I’m passing my card down a row of seats to the ones walking the stands . 

Anyone been to a cashless ballpark ?

No bags either ,wtf , we often spend the day walking the cites, prior to the game .A string bag with a water bottle , maybe rain gear, sunscreen , reading glasses  ect is handy .

Pre-Covid tons of lunch spots in NYC went cashless. it moves way faster and eliminates stealing by the cashiers. I bet your creditcard has the "tap" feature. So you just tap it to pay and go. No needs for inserting the tip. Even most gas stations have the tap feature.

• Like 1