MLB 2022

BizCT

Alot of things are gonna change come the deadline.  Anyone love the yankees chances if the astros get alcontra at deadline.  Or redsox with that lineup getting alcontra and chris sail back...  What if yanees do get to ws with 118 wins and actually lose to mets cause degrom and scherzer come back healthy.  This is not the 98 yankees where they were much much better than the competition.  There are 5 or 6 teams that are all very close and then the rest of league stinks....

1 hour ago, skully said:

i would say judge right now. Then alverez and devers.

44 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Theyll screw Judge like they did his rookie year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Judge is certainly top 3 right now. WAR in the AL is Devers 1, Trout 2, Jose Ramirez 3, and Judge 4. If I had a vote today, it would be:

Jose, Trout/Judge, Devers in that order. Jose leads all of MLB in OPS. Throw in 11 steals and more walks than K's (only 20K's!), oh and he leads the AL RBI's. Idk how anyone is higher than Jose right now.

15 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Theyll screw Judge like they did his rookie year

altuve was well deserving of that mvp. Think he batted almost 70 pts higher on batting avg..

28 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

6f9b9a8f27880c4a32787061ba473335.png
Which season are you taking?

WAR don't lie. That was a very even voting. Betts had a 9.5 WAR season and lost to Trout with similar numbers on a last place team in 2016. I thought Betts should have won 2016 MVP.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/awards_2016.shtml#all_AL_MVP_voting

1 hour ago, BizCT said:

WAR don't lie. That was a very even voting. Betts had a 9.5 WAR season and lost to Trout with similar numbers on a last place team in 2016. I thought Betts should have won 2016 MVP.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/awards_2016.shtml#all_AL_MVP_voting

Judge got two votes! TWO! Still burns my ass. ROY and MVP is special. Your boy Freddy Lunn can verify

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Judge got two votes! TWO! Still burns my ass. ROY and MVP is special. Your boy Freddy Lunn can verify

What about defense baserunning? I'm not sure the metrics on Judge vs. Altuve, but I know Betts blows away Trout in both defense and baserunning, so he should have won 2016 MVP

23 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

How about those METS !  They have the second best record in baseball and have done it without deGrom and Scherzer.

People forget the Mets have been to a WS more recently than the lowly Yankees.

2 hours ago, Water Rat said:

How about those METS !  They have the second best record in baseball and have done it without deGrom and Scherzer.

Mets are gonna be very very very hard to beat if degrom comes back...  But lets call a spade a spade.  That is  a big friggin IF

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So what lol? Every stat on there is more import than BA

70 pts higher come on get real.. Batting avg still means something especially that gap. Very hard to win mvp batting .270 and it is not like altuve only had 8 hrs..

70 pts higher come on get real.. Batting avg still means something especially that gap. Very hard to win mvp batting .270 and it is not like altuve only had 8 hrs..

Every other stat on there is more important than avg and Judge had them all by a large margin. That MVP was a sham

We agree to disagree... 208 ks is comical com[pared to 80 also.... Plus factor in altuve was already a perennial allstar and judge came out of nowhere so like they say you know who the voters are gonna give it to in that situation......