MLB 2022

BizCT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, today is the grand finale for MLB regular season and we have zero drama. All 6 seeds in both the NL and AL are locked up. My opinion on regular season awards below:

AL MVP = Judge, followed by Yordan Alvarez, and then Trout/Ohtani or vice versa?

NL MVP = Man this is close. 2 of @Nomad's boys with identical WAR and similar numbers. I think Goldschmidt wins it, but Arenado's defense is insane. I'll say Goldy, Arenado, Machado, Betts.

AL Cy Young = Verlander....followed by Cease then Othani and Manoah

NL Cy Young = I hope Sandy win its even though Wright won 21 games. So I'm hoping for Sandy, Wright, then Urias?

New playoff format this year, so we got 4 games friday and 4 games saturday. Should be electric. Hard not to think Yankees/Astros is a lock in ALCS. NL would be epic if it came down to Mets/Braves, but can Dodgers really choke again?

Red Sox suck, so I'm rooting for Mookie Betts to win NLCS MVP and WS MVP. If that doesnt happen then I'm rooting for the underdogs - Mariners vs. Padres would be fine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Well, today is the grand finale for MLB regular season and we have zero drama. All 6 seeds in both the NL and AL are locked up. My opinion on regular season awards below:

AL MVP = Judge, followed by Yordan Alvarez, and then Trout/Ohtani or vice versa?

NL MVP = Man this is close. 2 of @Nomad's boys with identical WAR and similar numbers. I think Goldschmidt wins it, but Arenado's defense is insane. I'll say Goldy, Arenado, Machado, Betts.

NL Cy Young = I hope Sandy win its even though Wright won 21 games. So I'm hoping for Sandy, Wright, then Urias?

New playoff format this year, so we got 4 games friday and 4 games saturday. Should be electric. Hard not to think Yankees/Astros is a lock in ALCS. NL would be epic if it came down to Mets/Braves, but can Dodgers really choke again?

Red Sox suck, so I'm rooting for Mookie Betts to win NLCS MVP and WS MVP. If that doesnt happen then I'm rooting for the underdogs - Mariners vs. Padres would be fine.

I vividly remember your prediction a few years back saying that Judge wouldn't amount to much after his great rookie season.  You said he was too big and that big guys like him won't last too long.  Another one of your great predictions, huh Biz?  LOL

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I vividly remember your prediction a few years back saying that Judge wouldn't amount to much after his great rookie season.  You said he was too big and that big guys like him won't last too long.  Another one of your great predictions, huh Biz?  LOL

He proved me wrong this year and won MVP. But he also barely played in 2018, 2019 and 2020 combined. I suspect he'll back to some injuries next year after the toll of finally playing so much this year. I hope the Yankees pay a ton for him. At 31 next year and a brand new contract, we'll see a different player. He bet on himself and won. Good for him, get paid and then relax!

Edited by BizCT

9 minutes ago, BizCT said:

He proved me wrong this year and won MVP. But he also barely played in 2018, 2019 and 2020 combined. I suspect he'll back to some injuries next year after the toll of finally playing so much this year. I hope the Yankees pay a ton for him. At 31 next year and a brand new contract, we'll see a different player. He bet on himself and won. Good for him, get paid and then relax!

Yeah, he missed some games in 2018 and 2019 but he played over 100 games in each of those seasons so that is more than "barely played".  2020 was the COVID year so what did they all play that summer, like 60 games?

279645830_AJudgestats.thumb.png.ab23aaa0a91d015ceb3048aac8a51c12.png

Edited by steve863

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Yeah, he missed some games in 2018 and 2019 but he played over 100 games in each season so that is more than "barely played".  2020 was the COVID year so what did they all play that summer, like 60 games?

279645830_AJudgestats.thumb.png.ab23aaa0a91d015ceb3048aac8a51c12.png

I think 60 games was covid season. so he played 242/384 = 63% of the games for a 3-year stretch. So he missed 142 games (basically a full season, would have been more if not for the shortened season)

Edited by BizCT

2 minutes ago, BizCT said:

I think 60 games was covid season. so he played 242/384 = 63% of the games for a 3-year stretch

You and many others would be happy as clams if you were anywhere near good enough to make it to the big leagues and the manager put you in to play in 63% of the games.

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

You and many others would be happy as clams if you were anywhere near good enough to make it to the big leagues and the manager put you in to play in 63% of the games.

The owners pay for a full season, so when someone only play 6 out of 10 games, they still pay the same amount. That's the issue. Hopefully for the Yankees sake, the HR chase didnt tire him out for the playoffs.

Edited by BizCT

18 minutes ago, johnplav said:

But what if he hit more HRs away than home?? 

Can’t you let me just hate on the Yankees in peace  ?

Btw i loved Matt, he  was about the only Cardinal who interacted with the fans . He’d always grab a ball coming off the field and toss it to a kid . 

id love a Yankee vs cards WS, seeing how we swept them in inter league play this year 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Btw i loved Matt, he  was about the only Cardinal who interacted with the fans . He’d always grab a ball coming off the field and toss it to a kid . 

id love a Yankee vs cards WS, seeing how we swept them in inter league play this year 

He had a good season as a Yankee. Too bad he got hurt, hopefully he can make it back for some postseason ball.

• Like 1

I love seeing the Cards in the WS (2004 and 2013) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16 hours ago, BizCT said:

Not a fan of the new playoff format. Should just be the 3 division winners and the wildcard. No need for other teams.  I’d like a Mariners vs padres. Something different. Hope the Yankees collapse in there 1st series 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skully said:

New format is ridiculous..  You can not tell me 6 days off are gonna hurt some of these teams......

Judge and Cole could use 6 days off. Without both of them performing well, it would be another playoff bust for the heavy favorites.