TSS heavyweight $$$

Nomad

So went to buy some ammo, good to see shelves overflowing , boxes with the tops cut off lining the floor . I see this TSS stuff ,well I’ve got a few boxes of Turkey loads , and I’ve heard of this so I grab a box just to add to the supply , guy at counter says ,” ya know this stuff is really pricey .” 

“ Ok how much ?” $50 ! For five lol . Put it back on the pile .

Edited by Nomad
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, left field said:

You could argue that it would make you a very careful shot.

Chris Rock has a very funny bit, about $5000 a bullet, because there’d be no more innocent bystanders .

• 4 weeks later...

I was listening to a podcast this morning and they were talking about TSS. Very interesting and informative conversation.

I hopped on gun broker to see what the pricing was like, people were asking anywhere from $50 to $90 a box, that’s $10 to $18 per round. SMH 

I run TSS through my 410s. Expensive but it makes up for the shortcomings of the selection. Patterns like no other though, and I have used 12g hevi blend which historically was $$$ and top tier commercially. 

When NY moves to allow the smaller shot size, it'll become even better. As it stands now I do all my turkey hunting in Ohio which doesn't have that requirement. 9, 9.5, 10 are pretty crazy.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 3:13 PM, Nomad said:

So went to buy some ammo, good to see shelves overflowing , boxes with the tops cut off lining the floor . I see this TSS stuff ,well I’ve got a few boxes of Turkey loads , and I’ve heard of this so I grab a box just to add to the supply , guy at counter says ,” ya know this stuff is really pricey .” 

“ Ok how much ?” $50 ! For five lol . Put it back on the pile .

3.5 " tss at Cabelas was $80 when I was there other day. Good thing im loaded up already. And they were #9's lol

• Like 1

IT is pricey, But most peoples carbon arrow setups are even more expensive and they many time break after one harvest.. Theres no difference. And With Tungsten, you can trap the shot and re use it unlike Lead and others.. It is expensive no doubt, but extremely ethical, extremely devastating and versatile.. especially as this state will begin banning lead shots..