Hunting holster

rachunter

I picked up a ruger GP100 and plan on bringing it alone hunting this year. Looking around it seems to be split between hip and chest holsters. My style of hunting is still hunting for the most part. Just wanted to see what everyone on here uses. Also leather or nylon. I have a leather hip holster for my single six so I’m kinda leaning towards that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer and use mostly belt holsters made from leather, I do have a couple of nylon types that do the job. When hunting I am always carrying the handguns out of their holsters. I also have a shoulder holster that will work with a couple of my revolvers, used it mostly when I was Coon hunting as my hands were full many times with dogs on leads.

Those two basket weave jobs on the left are a good 50 years old and they are still in very good condition, The secret of keeping them in good shape is Obenaufs leather conditioner.

Al

2022-04-07_162837.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

I like nylon and kydex bandolier holsters, Myself I’m not going to pay high dollar for a nice leather holster only to scratch and ding it up in the woods. I also really like that when I sit the revolver/ pistol  is right there easy access hanging on my chest . I use a uncle mikes for my SRH and a alien gear for my 1911 in 10mm 
https://aliengearholsters.com/cloak-chest-holster.html

E4C6884A-1F52-444E-9633-7BB0CE12817F.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

In inclement weather a pistol on your side isn't very compatible with rain coats or heavy winter gear.   A shoulder holster inside your jacket or even outside is going to be (in my eyes) a better way to go.

The two shoulder holsters seen above look slick, especially the Diamond D.

• Like 1

I prefer and use mostly belt holsters made from leather, I do have a couple of nylon types that do the job. When hunting I am always carrying the handguns out of their holsters. I also have a shoulder holster that will work with a couple of my revolvers, used it mostly when I was Coon hunting as my hands were full many times with dogs on leads.
Those two basket weave jobs on the left are a good 50 years old and they are still in very good condition, The secret of keeping them in good shape is Obenaufs leather conditioner.
Al
2022-04-07_162837.thumb.png.e4034aee717cd5317c7ca90f40bbc803.png

Al is the bottom right smooth holster a triple k or bianchi ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk