2022 Lawn Thread

BizCT

You may be a tad early for that organic fertilizer. To become available, it has to be “worked on” by soil microbes. They aren’t very active yet due to low soil temps.

I like to put it down before my first mow and I’m already due for a mow. Next week is 70’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I understand that Sir. All I was trying to say is that the soil temperature determine the microbe activity. If it is too low, nothing much will happen. Maybe wasting money based on timing... not product selection. Good luck anyway.

I understand that Sir. All I was trying to say is that the soil temperature determine the microbe activity. If it is too low, nothing much will happen. Maybe wasting money based on timing... not product selection. Good luck anyway.
His ADHD wont allow him to stop his plan now.....the fertilizer was already spread after dinner last night.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Understood. I guess we’ll see what happens! I’m the last house in the neighborhood to lay anything down or mow. But also the only one doing it myself and not a company

I took the deck off the mower this morning and power washed the underside and removed the blades for sharpening.  I will get the oil changed and get everything lubed up and ready if and when we get some rain.

After lunch, I am going to try and patch up a few ruts, that I made with this bigger tractor when I moved snow piles off the end of the driveway that my daughter used last winter.  I thought the ground was frozen, but apparently it was not.

I picked up a bucket full of dirt from a pile, on my way back from the target range this morning.  I will pack it into the ruts and throw down some grass seed.  It looks like there is lots of rain in the forecast over the next week but none today or tomorrow.

E9C7E741-EA61-4A45-AFA8-D742FD0BE661.thumb.jpeg.778a4a0199876dbedd4bad6324fda91e.jpeg

4/13: first cut of the year. I was the last one in neighborhood. Super Steep but Doable. Only took me 1 hour, no breaks. Just need to straighten the flagpole next.

67155507732__1E0F4DBD-D0D8-4E48-80B3-86CC40F52440.jpg
  • Like 1

There's maybe 20 houses in my neighborhood. Last week the only 2 people to mow their lawns were my neighbor to the left and then the one to the right. I had a pretty late mow, but looking a bit scruffy in spots where the grass grows more. Also my kids have been playing football and baseball all summer and spring long so I think it might be a loss cause. Still did a once over on the front last night for the first of the season!

Got my first cut in at the new place.  I learned that it’s not easy to use the rider in the backyard due to some steep slopes.  May be easier when it’s a bit drier but off to lowes I went and bought an Ego self propelled for the side and back yards next go around.  Now to find someone to dump mulch for me.   The yard here is beautiful but nowhere’s near as maintenance free as the last house. 

F69F0AF2-1927-4A85-8CEF-7BDD7293222E.jpeg

• Like 2

By the way, moving blows.  I will die here and let my kids deal with the next house sale and move!

Same. My garage still has boxes. All we brought furniture wise my daughters room and we still aren’t unpacked from clothes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

By the way, moving blows.  I will die here and let my kids deal with the next house sale and move!

Btw I ran into Tom at the gym today , hope you were satisfied .

He was doing chin-ups ( reps ) with a 45# plate hanging  off his waist .