2022 Lawn Thread

BizCT

Ferris is what I wanted when we where looking forward a zero turn. Ended up with a cub cadet zero turn with the steering wheel instead. Best decision ever. In the last 2 years I’ve only cut the grass a half a dozen times. Either my wife or my daughter jump on it and go. It leaves me time to take care of other things that no one else will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ferris is what I wanted when we where looking forward a zero turn. Ended up with a cub cadet zero turn with the steering wheel instead. Best decision ever. In the last 2 years I’ve only cut the grass a half a dozen times. Either my wife or my daughter jump on it and go. It leaves me time to take care of other things that no one else will do.

Never thought of it that way.....I am debating between the Ariens and Ferris.......but guess I have to give that cub a look now for that same reason.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Never thought of it that way.....I am debating between the Ariens and Ferris.......but guess I have to give that cub a look now for that same reason.

I know some guys love to cut the lawn. I’m not one of them. To me it’s a chore that has to get done. I don’t hate it but I don’t look forward to it either.

My wife will do it in a heart beat. She tosses in some earbuds and gives zero f$&@&’s for the next hour.

I think she would have learned the bars but she definitely preferred the wheel.

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Go ferris . What model 

• 3 weeks later...

I am old enough to remember the old push reel style mowers and the days when my Dad used to mow the lawn with the sickle-bar mower and the 8N Ford tractor once or twice a year. Gas powered mowers were for the rich folks. So this idea of paying jillions of dollars for feeding the lawn so that you're able to mow it more often is something that I can't really get into. I don't do a thing to promote it to grow faster and taller. Yes a lot of the green is because of the weeds, but I guess I really don't care. The price of fertilizer will be going through the roof, and those 5 gallon cans of gas are starting to yield a healthy dose of sticker shock, and as I get older, my time keeps getting more valuable. So I just can't get into the weed killers and the fertilizers and other lawn chemicals. If its not as green as others when August gets here....so what.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

SOB! When did Scott's dump you as a prostaffer?! This world is circling to bowl more than I thought.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

haha. anyone can be bought for the right price!

1 minute ago, mlammerhirt said:

Keep us posted on how the organic stuff works.....I may go this route to keep the chemicals to a minimum where the kids play.

I did the prior one about 6-7 weeks. So far everything looks great considering the steep hills and i don't use sprinklers. 

55 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

On my 3rd cut of the year, mulch is finally in and flowers coming up.  Held off on a couple spots in the back because I plan on having a couple trees taken down this summer. 

12179CC0-21E3-4491-B748-B8E7A545EA31.jpeg

E20385C6-A624-45E4-A539-E2FE0262E01E.jpeg

D05AD920-2A74-4A58-A6B2-87A6897E4B39.jpeg

728A25F5-FD13-4321-B4F0-3859C45C58BF.jpeg

7EAF5F39-6158-4D05-8A43-64DBB433FB18.jpeg

Nice. If you want a nice upgrade. Grab a gallon or two of this and do your foundation white. It's easy and will really pop!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BEHR-1-gal-White-Flat-Masonry-Stucco-and-Brick-Interior-Exterior-Paint-27001/100130848?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=Shopping-BF-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA&cm_mmc=Shopping-BF-F_Brand-G-Multi-NA-Multi-NA-Feed-PLA_LIA-NA-NA-Catchall_PLA-71700000014585962-58700001236285396-92700067144412176&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIirfmy8T29wIVC6bICh2eAQ3aEAQYAiABEgKrrfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds