2022 Lawn Thread

BizCT

20 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

On my 3rd cut of the year, mulch is finally in and flowers coming up.  Held off on a couple spots in the back because I plan on having a couple trees taken down this summer. 

12179CC0-21E3-4491-B748-B8E7A545EA31.jpeg

E20385C6-A624-45E4-A539-E2FE0262E01E.jpeg

D05AD920-2A74-4A58-A6B2-87A6897E4B39.jpeg

728A25F5-FD13-4321-B4F0-3859C45C58BF.jpeg

7EAF5F39-6158-4D05-8A43-64DBB433FB18.jpeg

Beautiful home and landscaping! 

13 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I bought 15 gallons on high test non ethanol before the price hikes , its all gone now . Going to be expensive mowing from here on out 

That would last me 10 years of mowing my lawn.

My first couple cuts I had duck up to almost three, and the last two I've done on two and a half. Maybe I waited too long between cuts but I think my lawn looks pretty messy with all the the clippings I'm going to go back up to almost three and cut it again in a couple days as it rains of course

7 hours ago, Belo said:

3rd mow!? I think I'm on 7 or 8 lol. Nice looking place man. 

Thanks we’ve been here for 4 years It had nice landscaping when we bought the place but small upgrades over the years have made a big difference.  As for the mowing I have so many trees I don’t need to start mowing until may and once the leaves come out I mow once every 10 days.  It’ll change when I knock down all the trees on my list. 

• Like 1

My first couple cuts I had duck up to almost three, and the last two I've done on two and a half. Maybe I waited too long between cuts but I think my lawn looks pretty messy with all the the clippings I'm going to go back up to almost three and cut it again in a couple days as it rains of course

A mulch kit helps and when the grass is high sometimes I’ll have to mow on 2.5 and go over a few spots again at 3. It’s usually only early spring though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Grass is very good ,flowers starting to bloom , ordering the mulch today .

The dirt on the corner is where Greenlight dug up the yard last Fall, I have other dug up spots too . They came through while we were camping and repaired the damage in our yard , the only one they repaired in the neighborhood out of dozens. haha 

Several neighbors asked if I did the work myself , nope I called them and they sent a landscape company. They also have been calling everyone from Greenlight to the town with no results. You gotta call the right person …..

1A4C49DF-6720-4E99-BE51-703A10D1B35C.jpeg

B2934ECE-DD91-4927-9EC6-4FCD18B85526.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm quite saddened that I've only been able to cut my lawn once back in Early April, and The fact that a manicured look will probably not happen this year.. not now anyways.. Life has got me pulled in all directions.. So I taught my wife to cut the lawn.. and she actually enjoys it.. except she makes more work for me, with her 100mph ways and fishtails!! Oh well,  if it makes her Happy. Trying to not be a bat sh!t crazy lawn guy like i used to.. I even let the kids ride all over it, Theyre only young once right? 

That old Exmark still earns its keep.. 3400hrs on a 2003 all original Kohler 27hp 60". Just replaced coils, main seals and gaskets this spring. Zero complaints. Cuts amazing still.  

mommamowin.jpg

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BizCT said:

May is for Mulch!

But I’ll let the extra 2 days slide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I shouldn’t have turkey hunted this morning ? 

Broke my manly wheelbarrow, borrowed my neighbors plastic two wheel pos one . 

finish pics tomorrow.

EC0BE31E-F4A8-4806-9C88-39E4249A136A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

So I shouldn’t have turkey hunted this morning ? 

Broke my manly wheelbarrow, borrowed my neighbors plastic two wheel pos one . 

finish pics tomorrow.

EC0BE31E-F4A8-4806-9C88-39E4249A136A.jpeg

Haha. I've heard of 6 cubic foot wheelbarrows. I've heard of 4 cubic foot ones for women/children. But this is the first time I ever seen or heard of a 0.25 cubic foot one! I have fying pans that are deeper!

34 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Haha. I've heard of 6 cubic foot wheelbarrows. I've heard of 4 cubic foot ones for women/children. But this is the first time I ever seen or heard of a 0.25 cubic foot one! I have fying pans that are deeper!

Ha you never wheeled mud aka cement have you ? It’s not deep but it’s wider and longer then those plastic pos . Plus it turns way better ,and the end of the yoke doesn’t stick way out impeding going over low spots and dumping ,it’s made for commercial use not ladies in the burbs .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1