2022 Lawn Thread

BizCT

16 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Well done!

Thanks I had 40 some in my little suburban lot, removed half , treat the rest . About $15 a tree a year , but being NYS , it’s difficult, they would ship the stuff here for years ,then nope . So I have it shipped to me in Fla , you can get the half strength stuff here but it’s in quarts which is way to unwieldy.

i buy full strength by the gallon 3-4 gallons do my trees . 

44 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ha you never wheeled mud aka cement have you ? It’s not deep but it’s wider and longer then those plastic pos . Plus it turns way better ,and the end of the yoke doesn’t stick way out impeding going over low spots and dumping ,it’s made for commercial use not ladies in the burbs .

LOL so how many cubic feet of mulch does it carry? My 6 cu Poly is only 7+ years old but looks brand new because I wash it down and store in a shed after use. Only rock and mulch (no cement). 

Idk , but I know my neighbors deep plastic one I can’t fill anywhere near the top . I tip them down and rake it in as it’s much faster then shoveling it in .

Now that wheelbarrow is older then I am ( 63) it’s “ stored “ outside uncovered , used to be next to a mortar box,  I sold that . I absolutely hate my neighbors two wheeled plastic one , can’t steer or dump it for sh!t.

I should have replaced the handles years ago, but all the home centers have are skinny little ones and no shims for under it .

Fun story that wheelbarrow almost killed me when I was two ! Dad was working in a deep hole I came over sat on the wheelbarrow, it tipped and I went headfirst into the hole hitting a cement block, just above my right eye . Dad and neighbor tossed me in the car and brought me to the DRs. Couple stitches and some blood on one block was about it .

My mom told the story that it fell in to , but dad said that would have killed me . 

fat handles and cement will give you forearms like this guy !

CFACB126-9219-4A02-9D2E-A66DFA4CA7AE.png

• Haha 1

Had a crew here the last 3 days tearing out all my mulch beds and overgrown shrubs and redoing them with stone.   They also put in a temporary gravel rd along side the house to remove 7 trees (large ash mostly) from the back.  And then the back yard beds will be torn out and redone in stone.   Too much equipment and trucks in the cup de sac.  Pissing off all the new neighbors.  Cutting cable line didn’t help.  Lol. It will be nice in the end.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Had a crew here the last 3 days tearing out all my mulch beds and overgrown shrubs and redoing them with stone.   They also put in a temporary gravel rd along side the house to remove 7 trees (large ash mostly) from the back.  And then the back yard beds will be torn out and redone in stone.   Too much equipment and trucks in the cup de sac.  Pissing off all the new neighbors.  Cutting cable line didn’t help.  Lol. It will be nice in the end.   

Nice. Just host a cul de sac happy hour and everyone will forgive you!

Idk , but I know my neighbors deep plastic one I can’t fill anywhere near the top . I tip them down and rake it in as it’s much faster then shoveling it in .
Now that wheelbarrow is older then I am ( 63) it’s “ stored “ outside uncovered , used to be next to a mortar box,  I sold that . I absolutely hate my neighbors two wheeled plastic one , can’t steer or dump it for sh!t.
I should have replaced the handles years ago, but all the home centers have are skinny little ones and no shims for under it .
Fun story that wheelbarrow almost killed me when I was two ! Dad was working in a deep hole I came over sat on the wheelbarrow, it tipped and I went headfirst into the hole hitting a cement block, just above my right eye . Dad and neighbor tossed me in the car and brought me to the DRs. Couple stitches and some blood on one block was about it .
My mom told the story that it fell in to , but dad said that would have killed me . 

fat handles and cement will give you forearms like this guy !
CFACB126-9219-4A02-9D2E-A66DFA4CA7AE.thumb.png.fec4b4abe721e3382b8fdfb1d314b297.png
Notice it's not full. Rookie mistake if you were to fill it. They get heavy fast.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry, Forgot to take pictures of eeveyrthing. I recently machined brackets that would hold two lawn mower blades per spindle in 90degree "X" patterns under the mower deck, yes 6 blades spinning at once... The bottom is a high lift blade and on top of that is  gator blades to help cut the very thick lush back yard I  have, that normally needs double cutting as i can only cut it once a week at most usually.. When all 6 of these blades are sharp.. the lawn looks so amazing. 

I got to use it last night for the first time, The cut is so clean and crisp its unreal. I'm also going to take this out back into my 1/2 acre perennial food plot of alfalfa clovers and weeds to see how it does. It should do pretty darn good. It eats stuff up and spreads it finely instead of clumps and all. Helps mowing wet grass too! 

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

Sorry, Forgot to take pictures of eeveyrthing. I recently machined brackets that would hold two lawn mower blades per spindle in 90degree "X" patterns under the mower deck, yes 6 blades spinning at once... The bottom is a high lift blade and on top of that is  gator blades to help cut the very thick lush back yard I  have, that normally needs double cutting as i can only cut it once a week at most usually.. When all 6 of these blades are sharp.. the lawn looks so amazing. 

I got to use it last night for the first time, The cut is so clean and crisp its unreal. I'm also going to take this out back into my 1/2 acre perennial food plot of alfalfa clovers and weeds to see how it does. It should do pretty darn good. It eats stuff up and spreads it finely instead of clumps and all. Helps mowing wet grass too! 

Sounds interesting. I know @Jeremy K struggles with a thick lawn. I wonder if he would benefit from 6 blades?

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I got a baby bunny whose getting a little too comfortable near the garden. Lawn in the front of the house...have at it! Stay out of the garden or you will become BroadwayHunter's pet or worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a nest ,hutch ? Along my patio , wife doesn’t like it ,to close to where we sit and eat …

Just looked at it , and a few pink noses were poking out , so it stays I guess .

I got a baby bunny whose getting a little too comfortable near the garden. Lawn in the front of the house...have at it! Stay out of the garden or you will become BroadwayHunter's pet or worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see 2 to 5 per day. It’s crazy how many are around. They haven’t dug under my garden fence mesh yet. I have a ton of extra if you want some. It’s green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Took a portion of the field behind my house that I planted in a perennial blend of clovers and alfalfa for the deer last year, and mowed it down with the bracket for dual set of blades per spindle. About 1/2 acre in 20 minutes. Knocked 80% down in one pass. One more additional pass at 90degrees. Looks like a lawn now lol 

Then cut my lawn quick afterwards.  

IMG_8473.jpg

IMG_8475.jpg

• Like 2