Gander Mountain...Be serious!

ants

Funny. I went to GM last week to buy a new rifle and trade in two I had. Figured I would get good trade in because they are gonna make money off me with the new purchase. Well, they had neither rifle in stock that I was interested in, the employee should have been selling bait in the fishing dept cause he knew nothing, and they wanted to give me less than half what the guns were worth on trade in. So I sold my rifle on this forum to a nice guy for a fair price. Now I have half what I need to buy that new gun and it won't be at GM.

Agree.. the exact same thing happened here (Cicero, outside of Syracuse) they were great. Now some five or so years later, service stinks, prices stink, selection stinks and now they are shafting people (or at least trying to) on trade in value for guns. Greedy BS!!! I would'nt even order from the catalog anymore.

Fortunatly Dick's is'nt much farther away.

Yeah I'd rather goto Dick's than Gander(Cicero store isnt great)...Unfortunately, there arent many other options for us in the Syracuse area. Sports Authority is a joke, Walmart is just Walmart, and some of the Local Gun Shops are few and far between. Herb Philllipsons and Dick's in my opinion are neck and neck.

I'm still getting 4-6 hundred dollars worth of free stuff from them every year...so I'll continue using them plus I like the printed itemized report they give us at tax time...but Mr. B has switched to Cabelas points on one of my other cards...he now gets a bunch of freebies there...keeps my options open with sales

We do not use cash...ever....We pay our card off in full every month and pay no interest...GMT through out the year raises the points you get for buying certain items...ie Gas...groceries...and through out the year if a family member has a big purchase they planned on using cash for....we have them put it on our card and take the cash..Lord lets not even mention Christmas....The itemized record they send us every year is usually and inch thick and averages...$40,000.00.....that's how you get that much free stuff...once again I have no need to lie

It was a few years ago when we were able to purchase gift cards with the bonus cash...the gift card had no use by date..unlike the cash reward certificates....We traded 500.00 worth to a friend for something Mr B wanted....But alas GMT caught on to that and stopped it....

Herb Phillipsons is'nt bad. Their prices are a little better than dick's. I just wish there was a place, close by, that dealt in used guns and took in

trades with out trying to screw people. Alot of guys wont buy a new gun unless they can trade in the old one. Greedy BS is all I can think of.

The itemized record they send us every year is usually and inch thick and averages...$40,000.00.....that's how you get that much free stuff...once again I have no need to lie

Holy crap if I ever had a record of $40,000 in purchases from Gander I would never get to use any bonus bucks. My wife would murder me Dead. D.E.A.D!!!! :lol:

lol I know your jking...but just have to say it....you do know I'm talking a gander mnt credit card good every where right?...It's not me ;) ...Mr B is a mad "carder"...loves the fact we pay no interest and they have to give back that much....plus free shipping so no gas $$ either...lol

Not a good thing for all...really need to know exactly whats coming in to whats going out and have a cushion to match for the just incase sinerio...years of budgeting...and a avaricious(in the good sense) wife...lol

lol I know your jking...but just have to say it....you do know I'm talking a gander mnt credit card good every where right?.

No Im just a dumbass :biggrin: Thats what happens when you read things at 3am and youve had 2hrs sleep all day. Went back and re-read makes more sense now. I though that was a little high for purchases from GM. :biggrin:

You can. I got one for Christmas last year. Closest store is Watertown over an hour away, and I rarely go there. So, I used it online. BTW the Watertown store is just as bad as the others. They seem to have about a third of the inventory in guns ammo and such and much much more clothing. I was in there one day and wanted to look at a handgun. The umm to put it nicely clerk asked if I had a permit. Showed her my permit and she said she could not show me the gun as my permit was from another county. After a 10 minute debate and another store person intervening, I still was not allowed to look at the gun. I said that's ok, Dicks is in the same mall and I will go there and buy it. The again clerk is a nice way to put it said well if their price is lower than ours come back and we will match it. I was going to explain that if they would not let me look at it, due to my permit being from another county, how could they sell it to me. Instead I shook my head walked away chuckling and talking to myself.

I was at the Gander in Watertown 3 years ago. Brother in law had a bass tourney meeting going on and give me a chance to look around. They stocked a lot of stuff our Tonawanda store never had. Coarse 3 years ago, talking about different kind of Gander. Wonderful area. Could fit right in to that country very nicely, but would have to buy a bigger snow shovel, lol.