Not if but when - You will get Covid

suburbanfarmer

55 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Good memory......3rd week of October last year.

That's the first time I've ever been told that! I might need to print this to show the wife!! Didn't you slam a big buck soon out of the Covid gate too? (Or am I pushing that "good memory" thing too far?)

Edited by Cabin Fever

49 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

That's the first time I've ever been told that! I might need to print this to show the wife!! Didn't you slam a big buck soon out of the Covid gate too? (Or am I pushing that "good memory" thing too far?)

With Law, thats a good bet whenever.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

I don’t recall the exact date I tested positive last year but i was on my last day of quarantine when I killed an 8pt on October 30th.   I didn’t feel 100% but it seemed like the right thing to do……lol. 

• Like 2

Not bad, like a head cold.  I went to work late this afternoon to check email and voicemail, sent some emails etc.  Nobody in the office........

Then shot my bow out back, knocking two vanes off two arrows. Tomorrow while convalescing I'll break out the Bitzenburger and glue some new ones on.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

A little sick, but not bad. I worked today.. every test I took was negative so I went to work. How are you Doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiance started feeling sick friday.dry cough and sore throat.saturday started going into chest/nose congestion.slept all day yesterday and lastnight pretty much.got stuck on couch as she sleeping sideways across bed,actually woke up at 330am this morning to make sure she was ok,not like her at all.better today.negative test at home and at Dr today.Sickness deff going around,feel better!!!

Fiance started feeling sick friday.dry cough and sore throat.saturday started going into chest/nose congestion.slept all day yesterday and lastnight pretty much.got stuck on couch as she sleeping sideways across bed,actually woke up at 330am this morning to make sure she was ok,not like her at all.better today.negative test at home and at Dr today.Sickness deff going around,feel better!!!

I read a article today about how just cause you test negative doesn’t mean it isn’t COVID.. that essentially symptoms are the body fighting it and with the immunity from vax and information our systems are just primed to fight it off

Just now, Chef said:

I read a article today about how just cause you test negative doesn’t mean it isn’t COVID.. that essentially symptoms are the body fighting it and with the immunity from vax and information our systems are just primed to fight it off

Could be,no clue.luckily I have avoided getting sick.told her earlier I'm going out this weekend sick or not.chug some dayquil down and off I go.its the rut,no time to waste.she looked at me and shook her head as she sniffled:rofl:

Could be,no clue.luckily I have avoided getting sick.told her earlier I'm going out this weekend sick or not.chug some dayquil down and off I go.its the rut,no time to waste.she looked at me and shook her head as she sniffled:rofl:

Hahaha my kind of guy

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's happened.  Started with a sniffle yesterday morning cough by evening. This morning I was achey. Fever this afternoon. Took a covid test after work . Test takes 15 minutes  solid posative in 2 minutes.

I worked through the entire shut down . Haven't missed a day of work in 5 years except to hunt or fish.

Problem is we had 15 people here on Sunday for a Birthday party. My 92 year old mother inlaw  was here .

Can't recall being around anybody that was sick.

This sucks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Well it's happened.  Started with a sniffle yesterday morning cough by evening. This morning I was achey. Fever this afternoon. Took a covid test after work . Test takes 15 minutes  solid posative in 2 minutes.

I worked through the entire shut down . Haven't missed a day of work in 5 years except to hunt or fish.

Problem is we had 15 people here on Sunday for a Birthday party. My 92 year old mother inlaw  was here .

This sucks!

Hopefully you recover soon with minimal symptoms.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nytracker said:

This sucks!

Wife and I had it .... plenty fluids and get your Vitamins , you may not feel like eating but force yourself for the needed energy !

• Thanks 1

Well it had to happen . Even though  wife has been sleeping in spare bedroom she tested positive.  Just came home from work . Hospital rules she has to stay home for 11 days . Now the other sisters will have to step up and help my mother-in-law. My symptoms aren't bad .  I have slept pretty good. No fever in last 12 hours . She has sniffles and cough. Shoulders hurt. 

Edited by Nytracker
  • Sad 1

No doubt about... the original variant that started it all in March of 2020 was the most potent strain and each strain thereafter was weaker. That's not to say if you have a compromised immune system you can't still die or become very sick but generally you will recover quickly w/o a lot after affects. I lost my sis in law Oct 29/21 in just 3 short days. She was obese, diabetic and heart ailments... poof - gone!

• Sad 2

Im feeling pretty good today. Little congestion..cough. wife sits in her chair covered up under blankets and heating  blanket..this is day 4 for her . Orange juice is all that tastes good to her . I will have to make a store run today. 

Yesterday was our 27th anniversary  what a way to spend it. Ordered  pizza  son picked it up and delivered to the garage. Promised her that we will   go out for  dinner when she gets feeling  better.

I'm bored forgive me these boring posts.

I just got over that RSV crap thats going around. Kicked my butt for 2 days, but that was it. Most of my co-workers ended up with Covid last week or this week. In the year that Ive worked there, Im the only unvaxxed person in the company, and also the only one who hasnt had Covid at least twice in that time frame. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

Yesterday was our 27th anniversary  what a way to spend it. Ordered  pizza  son picked it up and delivered to the garage.

Happy Anniversary!

Must be great minds do think alike! Yesterday was our 44th anniversary, and we too had pizza (and Utica greens) for dinner. And, believe it or not, even though neither of us are sick at this point, she chose to eat at home and the pizza. :  )

Speedy recovery to you both!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1