Not if but when - You will get Covid

suburbanfarmer

1 hour ago, johnplav said:

I’ve worked in the hospital 45-50 hrs a week since the pandemic started without catching the Rona.  Well my son picked it up at daycare and now all 4 of us have it.  Luckily symptoms aren’t too bad.   Cancelled all plans for the weekend and we’ll spend it at home together.  Lots of hydrating per Dr. Biz.  Cheers!

30AE0B81-D056-436D-9710-A7138E2509B0.jpeg

Wishing you all a speedy and complete recovery. Great photo!

Good luck [mention=6386]johnplav[/mention]. If [mention=3682]Marion[/mention] beat it, you surely will too!

Couldn’t be a more factual statement out there. I heard Marion’s triglycerides are close to 1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck [mention=6386]johnplav[/mention]. If [mention=3682]Marion[/mention] beat it, you surely will too!

Couldn’t be a more factual statement out there. I heard Marion’s triglycerides are close to 1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it’s my turn. Tested positive this morning. Tested negative yesterday morning.

Absolutely busted my rear Saturday in the heat and sun putting in plots. Felt lousy end of day and thought I had some heat/fatigue from putting 16k steps on disced ground. Didn’t sleep at all Sat night with sweat chills and congestion building, pretty light though. Headache city. Tested negative Sunday AM so did some more seeding and another 10K steps. Came home and at that point knew I had it come hell or high water based on how lousy I was feeling. 100 degree fever now added to the mix. Tested positive this AM.

I wish I would say this is mild but I can’t. It’s ranks up there with the worst of the cold/flus/bugs I’ve had in my life. Hopefully it doesn’t last. 

On a side note I just bought the myoutdoortv subscription lol. I don’t watch a ton of tv but I will be this week. Might as well binge some hunting shows.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

Looks like it’s my turn. Tested positive this morning. Tested negative yesterday morning.
Absolutely busted my rear Saturday in the heat and sun putting in plots. Felt lousy end of day and thought I had some heat/fatigue from putting 16k steps on disced ground. Didn’t sleep at all Sat night with sweat chills and congestion building, pretty light though. Headache city. Tested negative Sunday AM so did some more seeding and another 10K steps. Came home and at that point knew I had it come hell or high water based on how lousy I was feeling. 100 degree fever now added to the mix. Tested positive this AM.
I wish I would say this is mild but I can’t. It’s ranks up there with the worst of the cold/flus/bugs I’ve had in my life. Hopefully it doesn’t last. 

On a side note I just bought the myoutdoortv subscription lol. I don’t watch a ton of tv but I will be this week. Might as well binge some hunting shows.

Today will suck, tomorrow will be better and you will be in good shape by the end of the week. Back at the plots Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Get well soon phade. My wife and I dodged the rona a couple of times in the last few weeks. First my nephew and his girlfriend came to visit from Germany and brought the rona with them. I picked them up in my truck and drove a couple of hours back to our house. Next morning the nephew got a text from his mom,positive.  So I gave him a test and he was positive as well. We made him wear a mask in the house and told them to hang out outside or in their room and they stayed with us for 10 days and we never got it. Anytime we had the slightest headache or itchy throat we got a little nervous.  

And last week two of my wife's co-workers tested positive but she dodged it again. Not sure how long we can keep this up. So far we have not gotten it.

• Like 2

Midday checkin...isolated in my man cave room. Glad I got it done up nice with a comfy couch.

Congestion, consistent fever, and going from sweating hot to freezing cold at a moment's notice. A fair amount of coughing. The worst though right now is the headache and fatigue.

I'm "working" from home with essential meetings. Luck has it I have a big meeting tomorrow morning with my direct reporting structure exec and he flew in himself and three others for the meeting....virtual it is for me.

Slept poorly last night, but fever seems to be going away. Did wake up and realize I can't smell/taste. So that should be fun to deal with lol. Weird experience. Congestion still there and headache, too, but less than prior.

6 minutes ago, phade said:

Slept poorly last night, but fever seems to be going away. Did wake up and realize I can't smell/taste. So that should be fun to deal with lol. Weird experience. Congestion still there and headache, too, but less than prior.

How’s the rest of the family?

12 minutes ago, phade said:

wow you've had all the symptoms. I never lost smell or taste, but that must be weird. Literally no taste, like water and beer would taste the same?

33 minutes ago, BizCT said:

wow you've had all the symptoms. I never lost smell or taste, but that must be weird. Literally no taste, like water and beer would taste the same?

Yeah, lucky me I guess. It's pretty weird. I noticed in the shower when I couldn't smell my soap or shampoo. My shampoo has menthol in it and the only thing I could sense was the "stinging" in the nose from sniffing it, but no actual smell. Food wise I've had coffee and toast w/PBJ. Hard to describe, just can't taste. I am feeling less fatigued though, so hopefully that is a positive sign.

• Like 1

Best of luck . We had it in June ,very mild never lost taste ,or smell, one day of minor fever , we were camping and just stayed at the campground .

End of the month we go to Alaska , tour requires some special test no more two days prior to tour. So the day before we leave home …  then for the curse part we need to take a test over FaceTime . 

Then the cruise ends in BC so we need the Arrive Canada app and do all that bs .

So far are planning has been all about tests, paperwork ,vac cards  and apps, verification with tour group that we have everything we need to go and not hiking gear ,planning excursions and dinning .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phade said:

Yeah, lucky me I guess. It's pretty weird. I noticed in the shower when I couldn't smell my soap or shampoo. My shampoo has menthol in it and the only thing I could sense was the "stinging" in the nose from sniffing it, but no actual smell. Food wise I've had coffee and toast w/PBJ. Hard to describe, just can't taste. I am feeling less fatigued though, so hopefully that is a positive sign.

Pop a fireball in your mouth. You get nothing whatsoever. No burning, no cinnamon, no nothing. That's what definitely confirmed no taste for me when I had it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJJWNY said:

Pop a fireball in your mouth. You get nothing whatsoever. No burning, no cinnamon, no nothing. That's what definitely confirmed no taste for me when I had it. 

Yeah, definitely nothing happening here. 

Energy levels are getting better. Still a fair amount of congestion/cough. Headache is much better and feels more like a sinus headache from the congestion rather than the jackhammer that was going on before. I have one more meeting this PM I can't miss and after that I'm going to try to rest a bit more.