Bowtech diamond razor edge bow?

HuntOrBeHunted

Hello there I'm new to this site and very new to bow hunting.I went to the local gander mountain and the man working introduced me to the Bowtech diamond razor edge.I've been told that bow is a little small,but when i drew it back with a 50 lb draw weight it felt nice.Any input or reveiws would be great,maybe a better bow to start out with?

Thanks Bill.

Hello Bill... welcome to the site!

Diamond bows are excellent... but here's some food for thought.

Big Box Stores are going to push bows they have on hand and in stock - period!

A pro shop will have you shoot and try out different makes/models/etc... and a really GOOD pro shop owner will tell you to go try out some more.

Try out as many as possible before you purchase one.

• Like 1

Doesnt Bowtech make Gander mountain Guide series bows? I remember a few years ago seeing the new guide series lineup and then looked at previous year models and the new year Bowtech lineup looked just like the old Guide Series bows with some modifications. I questioned this with guy behind the counter and he said indeed Bowtech makes them, claimed the deal is Bowtech makes the Guide Series bows first then make upgrades to them and release them the following year under Bowtech name. Dont hold me to this as this is what I was told and if you look at them close you will see great similarities. My point is if gander Mountain is your thing you could save some cash and buy the bowtech under the Guide Series name.

Thank you fellas for the tips.I'm trying to take my time and get the feel for as many bows as possible before making my purchase.However I want to get my bow asap so I can really get used to it and shoot it a reasonable amount of times.If any of you could suggest a good brand bow to start with that would be great.

Thanks Bill.