Why is the NY State budget so high?

On 4/10/2022 at 9:30 AM, Nomad said:

Welfare programs .

Having spent the last two months in several parts of Fla. I’ll say this their roads are way better both in pavement and number of lanes  the lack of litter stood out too  , there are wonderful state boat ramps on every lake , docks,paved parking ,bathrooms, separate kayak ramps and so on . We boated from  lake to,lake through channels , that the state cleans out each year . NY non Resident fishing license is 50% more then the one I bought in Fla. which I bought on my phone in the boat , while in NY you have to print it .

Beautiful county firehouses , new school buildings , oh the emergency room I went to ,I was in and out in about two hours , including ultra sound , two visits with the PA , discharge instructions etc . Here people lay in beds in hallways sometimes for a day or more …

As soon as we got back here , pot holes galore , litter everywhere, rusty graffiti covered bridges , decaying buildings , oh and on pace for record shootings again in Roch. Oh and our NY lic. Plate pealed off the other day 

See what your sky high taxes gets you ?

Me neither .

The potholes I can  tell you for a fact is pure corruption they don't fix them right just so they can  justify spending even  more money and skimming off the top that goes into some politicians friends or family members pockets . Crossover to  PA and the roads are like smooth as glass compare to New York.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

Most of them came here to work and make money. They'll go where ever the jobs are and affordable housing and it sure as hell ain't westchester or the five boroughs.I've been up here for six months and met three couples[legal immigrants] from long island that came up here because of the affordable housing.Work is work they'll do sixteen hour shifts.I was in Herkimer last week and saw a group of immigrants in walmart as soon as they get a little english under there belt they'll be working there.

Nobody's questioning that they come here to work but you just can't have millions of people running across the border illegally that's Anarchy it's unsustainable.

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nobody's questioning that they come here to work but you just can't have millions of people running across the border illegally that's Anarchy it's unsustainable.

You think they are coming here to work? I think they are coming for free shite!!   I bet less than 10% are here for jobs

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

You think they are coming here to work? I think they are coming for free shite!!   I bet less than 10% are here for jobs

Well I see them working at McDonald's and all the other fast food places and I've never seen an illegal on the streets begging for money have you ? 

But I'm not going to argue about that the point is you can't just have millions of people crossing the border illegally like that if they work if they don't work whatever you just can't have a country run like that no other country would tolerate it. And there's a good reason for that it's just not sustainable there's only so many resources to go around so many jobs even that is causing inflation here by the way.

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

You know it's pointless to argue that with a guy like that guy you know you can't say anything bad about the illegals there All Saints you have to argue in a different way with them the liberals . You know since they're illegal nobody really knows that's the  other  point.

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Well I see them working at McDonald's and all the other fast food places and I've never seen an illegal on the streets begging for money have you ? 

But I'm not going to argue about that the point is you can't just have millions of people crossing the border illegally like that if they work if they don't work whatever you just can't have a country run like that no other country would tolerate it. And there's a good reason for that it's just not sustainable there's only so many resources to go around so many jobs even that is causing inflation here by the way.

Only place i go occasionally where people beg for money sometimes is Saratoga. I have no idea what their immigration status is....

But your right, it isn't the point.....Point being, none of these people should be aloud in our country IMO. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ApexerER said:

Like others have said, there is a legal way to enter the country, anything else is bs.

That being said, there are 100s of immigrants (pretty sure mostly illegal) working on local farms. You can drive around all the local low income housing (subsidized,high percentage of welfare) and not see an immigrant in sight, but there is a pile of lazy Americans .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm not defending them at all.I believe that they shouldn't be here except through the legal process. My point was there not going to stay there if there's work and a cheaper place to live.

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

I'm not defending them at all.I believe that they shouldn't be here except through the legal process. My point was there not going to stay there if there's work and a cheaper place to live.

O sorry about the other post

They come here for financial reasons they may not even like this country for all you know or the people that are already here  or our system of government for that matter.They are trespassers  doesn't matter the reason they're coming here if they're trespassing.

Someone trespasses on your land do you care if there a hard worker I don't think so. Do you care that they are in your backyard for a better life . I dont think so .

The russiam invaded Ukraine for a better life too . They get met with bullets .

Edited by phantom

O sorry about the other post
They come here for financial reasons they may not even like this country for all you know or the people that are already here  or our system of government for that matter.They are trespassers  doesn't matter the reason they're coming here if they're trespassing.
Someone trespasses on your land do you care if there a hard worker I don't think so. Do you care that they are in your backyard for a better life . I dont think so .
The russiam invaded Ukraine for a better life too . They get met with bullets .

I’m on the same page with you about this problem.The real problem is they’ll never be a great exodus to get them out. Last I heard on the news was half a million migrants a month are crossing the border with no end in sight. Even if they close the border today the damage is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

Not accurate.  Do you know how much produce would cost if lazy entitled Americans picked it? 

If we quit paying for their laziness though social programs from our tax dollars do you think it would equal out?

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH

On 4/12/2022 at 2:16 PM, diplomat019 said:

And you have a great district cause you pay teachers a good salary.  Now go to podunk florida and see what the education is like there when you tell a teacher they will make 35-40k. You attract nobody. Westchestwr has great schools cause the taxes are astronomical.   

Don’t know much about fla schools , but my one nephew sold his law practice  in NYS and moved to Texas , he has four kids ,two were in private schools and two in a good suburban district here . They were “ behind “ when they moved to Texas . Oh and they couldn’t make the same sports teams there either .

Another nephew in Tenn. his one just finished 4 years of college in two ( somewhere in California)  , now getting his masters , and another just got in FSU,and the third scored 1460 on his SAts and got a 106k scholarship .

Oh and in Tenn. you pay school taxes ONCE , when you buy or build your house ,and it’s like maybe two grand .

The idea that the south’s schools overall are backward or whatever are long since over, they also wear shoes down there now I’ve heard  . Some of the worst school districts in the country are now in NYS , and you get to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars every year of your life for them ! 

20 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Don’t know much about fla schools , but my one nephew sold his law practice  in NYS and moved to Texas , he has four kids ,two were in private schools and two in a good suburban district here . They were “ behind “ when they moved to Texas . Oh and they couldn’t make the same sports teams there either .

Another nephew in Tenn. his one just finished 4 years of college in two ( somewhere in California)  , now getting his masters , and another just got in FSU,and the third scored 1460 on his SAts and got a 106k scholarship .

Oh and in Tenn. you pay school taxes ONCE , when you buy or build your house ,and it’s like maybe two grand .

The idea that the south’s schools overall are backward or whatever are long since over, they also wear shoes down there now I’ve heard  . Some of the worst school districts in the country are now in NYS , and you get to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars every year of your life for them ! 

I laughed out loud with the shoes comment hahahah.  

I just looked up the best public hs in America.   Not magnet or charters.   Regular hs.   Its heavily favored by ny and the northeast.  I dont think that is by coincidence.  The Tennessee one time tax is mind blowing.  How do you get updated material, sports funding, etc?   Unless parents pay out of pocket.  Sometimes I think I am blinded by living here.   That this is somehow where it starts and ends   

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

I laughed out loud with the shoes comment hahahah.  

I just looked up the best public hs in America.   Not magnet or charters.   Regular hs.   Its heavily favored by ny and the northeast.  I dont think that is by coincidence.  The Tennessee one time tax is mind blowing.  How do you get updated material, sports funding, etc?   Unless parents pay out of pocket.  Sometimes I think I am blinded by living here.   That this is somehow where it starts and ends   

NY and the Northeast states were the leaders in higher education and medical schools for decades, but the progressives ruined that, like everything else they touch.

Their wokeness has diluted the gene pool and now graduates of those prestigious schools need to compete with other's, instead of skating into jobs by riding on their ivy league laurels.