For those who conceal carry heres your time to give advice or opinions

They are similar but definetly not the same gun. I had the LCP and sold it to buy the bodyguard. The bodyguard has much better sights, has a built in laser(not aftermarket clamp on) and stays open on the last shot. All the LCP doesn't. The S/W is much more accurate. The only plus for the LCP is the price and it's approximately 2 ounces lighter.

Thanks for the thoughts on this. The laser on the Ruger works real nice... niot sure if this is an update or not. Didn't know the Ruger din't stay open after the last shot... actually never shot the LCP so thanks.

Apaollo. I will be getting a CC gun after the New Year. I am also lookin into the Sig, but a different model. I believe it is stillin the 250 frame but it is modular. It is fairly new and I can't seem to find one to get in my hand. It is a Sig 2sum. the fire control carries the serial numbers and the SET allows you to drop the same trigger and fire control into a different slide and frame. so if you choose a .40 you can get a full size and subcompact in the set. I believe you can also get a ful size and compact if you choose. A couple minutes to change the fire control and you are shooting a different sized gun with the same feeling trigger...because it is the same trigger.

I believe you can also change caliber groups with the same fire control being used.

http://www.sigsauer..../p250-2sum.aspx

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/04/chris-dumm/gun-review-sig-sauer-p250-9mm-2sum/

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

Ya Ants its something I struggle with. That .380 is a dream to carry, and I have not worn long pants outside of 3 day per week at work in months... Cleaned the pool today with the LCP in my pocket... Can't wait till Biekirchs calls and says my S&W Sheild is in though !!!

Edited by Larry302

• 2 weeks later...

well I met with the judge this morning and he granted me my CCP, just gotta save up some and buy a pistol. I choose the sig p250 subcompact 9mm and eventually I want to get the smith and wesson bodyguard 380 as well. Although by the time I have the cash in my hand I might see something else I like... I can never be happy with just one

Unless you plan on carying it to the beach in a banana hammock, you don't need to get to small. I'm not a big guy and have no problem concealing a compact 1911. It shoots so much better than any sub compact 9, 380, or 40 that I have fired. Still very accurate at 15 yards.

take a look at the LC9/ PF-9 series. CC is not allowed in my county, but I still bought a PF9 for its compact size. Great little gun. People exagerate the recoil it generates, yeah it kicks but it is very controllable, and I can get off three shots pretty quick. Not to mention you can slip it into a pocket with a good pocket holster, if you have decent sized pockets.

apoallo, how did you get CCP from judge as opposed the just the hunting/target permit ? you normally have to have receipt of gun purchase before yu get permit then go back to store to pick up once permit is received. just curious.. thanks