Vortex 12x50

Kmartinson

Got these for my birthday from the girls. I have heard some negative talk about this company on here, but they seem great, crystal clear and really ergonomical. Feel great with awesome fit and finish. Large smooth power dial, and unlimited lifetime warranty. Comes with vortex bino harness which seems pretty decent, only time will tell but all my scouting and shed hunting just got a jumpoff. Not cheap but not out of my league either. Highly recommended!

20220412_211418.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Nice! I like Vortex products. I haven't really noticed anyone on here bashing them

I've read a couple things in scope posts about them being made in China. When countries started sending product to Asia to be made they created a need fir higher quality, and eventually tooling and technology got better. Now many great quality products come from China and Asia in general.

• Like 1

Nice! I hope they serve you well. Just bought my first Vortex product last week. 8x42 HD Viper binos. Retired some Leupold 10x50 and was looking for something smaller. Went looking for the Leupold BX4 HD but I liked the Vortex better. Good luck with those. 

I don't have any Vortex products........yet. But have mounted a couple of their scopes for younger hunters, and I really like them! A friend has these very same bino's and loves them! Very comparable to Nikon in my opinion. I will have no problem buying Vortex in the future, should a need arise.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a vortex fan..    You need to keep in mind the "level" of product you are buying and have the proper expectations.

I have used their customer support and it is top notch!!   I damaged a pair of binoculars, called the support line, they instructed me to ship them in, they fixed them at their cost, professionally cleaned them and shipped them back..   this all happened over the course of a week.   Again, I damaged them.   I am not sure you can ask for better service!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, bugsNbows said:

Not bashing Vortex or the OP but…we need to quit buying so much China made stuff. They are our enemy. 

Not many products that are truly made in America.  Cost is often times inflated due to our sense of entitlement and desire for material crap.

Vortex is good, but I really like the Vortex of 5-10 years ago. Their business model is moving to big box placement and I think other companies with the mindset Vortex had 5-10 years ago are now out-offering value for performance.

Athlon, Maven, Sig Sauer, and the list goes on and on.