Any spring break April vacations?

REDNECK4LIFE32

My wife went back to Mexico to look at property while I'm at the cabin in the snow writing about Mexico. Doesn't seem quite fair.
22076CF2-2DB2-4FAD-ABA0-E44C56F14834_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.3754b63073eeba1884836b3dc5d379c4.jpeg

What the deal with that water - is it deep enough to soak in or is it just a puddle? Did you make it or naturally formed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Easter! Did a egg hunt at condo with the kids. Now off to pool then to beach. Going to do an easy Easter meal rotisserie chicken and potato s Mac and cheese and ceasar salad. Plus finger snacks. Trip is going good. Seeing friends and there families we met last year here. Almost becoming a yearly tradition. Going fishing tonight or tomorrow supposed to get rain tried last night but buddy cleaned out his bait freezer so didn't have any bait that I had bought last trip. Hope everyone is enjoying there vacations and easter. Will post more pics soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

What the deal with that water - is it deep enough to soak in or is it just a puddle? Did you make it or naturally formed?

It was made but not by me. About six feet deep and spring fed, so it stays pretty consistent. Has two very big largemouths and a thousand minnows. And frogs.

I've never caught those two fish on a fly - dry, wet or streamer. I've had world-class anglers here who have also failed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, left field said:

It was made but not by me. About six feet deep and spring fed, so it stays pretty consistent. Has two very big largemouths and a thousand minnows. And frogs.

I've never caught those two fish on a fly - dry, wet or streamer. I've had world-class anglers here who have also failed.

Have they tried corn?

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lol. I was just gonna say that.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

If you all strike out with those, I bet I could get them with my hand tied bucktail jigs.  That is the only thing that I know bass will eat in a snowstorm:

F4FC71DF-8C1B-434E-87E3-CE25DDE600B1.thumb.jpeg.326681f168f232c22536df3fd8cb4e7d.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

If you all strike out with those, I bet I could get them with my hand tied bucktail jigs.  That is the only thing that I know bass will eat in a snowstorm:
F4FC71DF-8C1B-434E-87E3-CE25DDE600B1.thumb.jpeg.326681f168f232c22536df3fd8cb4e7d.jpeg
I'm up for the challenge. My best day with senkos in bass season was 84 legal bass in a day! In a lake very close to where you are actually.

But hair jigs have been a proven bass catcher for years. A lot of guys use them for walleye in Oneida too.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Very cool…frog gigging sounds fun!

We're headed down to OBX the last week in April. My buddy and I are taking the kids on an inshore charter. Apparently Cobia should be running by then. Also planning to some surf fishing while there. Can't wait for some warmer weather. It seems like this gray winterish slop is lingering this year..

• Like 1

Portugal is great. Food, wine and people. Where are you going?

So the guy who was the best man at my wedding is getting married over there. It’s a short trip as I’m going without the wife and kid. Going to Lisbon for a day. Down to Lagos for two and back to Lisbon for one.

I plan on eating and drinking wine like a pig for four days.

• Like 3

Just got home from Hilton Head South Carolina, and The Villages in Florida... to come home to cold and a possible snow storm tomorrow? WTH

I now know why The Villages are the place to Retire to.. Talk about heaven and nothing but great fun people! Makes me want to move their now and give up my rural life and slice of heaven up in the hills.. Wife and I and the kids did not want to leave.. Found out my little sensory seeker 5yr old Non Verbal Autistic son loves Disney Roller coasters, same with his crazy 7yr old sister. The smiles were worth every brutal minute of the night drives..  A Lot of miles were put on last week.. To HH two fridays ago, drove to The villages Tuesday, back to HH Friday and Home Saturday night.. Im done with Driving lol   

IMG_7924.JPG

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Just got home from Hilton Head South Carolina, and The Villages in Florida... to come home to cold and a possible snow storm tomorrow? WTH

I now know why The Villages are the place to Retire to.. Talk about heaven and nothing but great fun people! Makes me want to move their now and give up my rural life and slice of heaven up in the hills.. Wife and I and the kids did not want to leave.. Found out my little sensory seeker 5yr old Non Verbal Autistic son loves Disney Roller coasters, same with his crazy 7yr old sister. The smiles were worth every brutal minute of the night drives..  A Lot of miles were put on last week.. To HH two fridays ago, drove to The villages Tuesday, back to HH Friday and Home Saturday night.. Im done with Driving lol   

IMG_7924.JPG

The drive is a killer. We never can make anytime. Stop for gas drinks bathroom breaks. My bad back doesn't help any have to stop and stretch. From upstate near Canadian border to st Simons island ga took 21 hours. But it's really nice one we get here. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

The drive is a killer. We never can make anytime. Stop for gas drinks bathroom breaks. My bad back doesn't help any have to stop and stretch. From upstate near Canadian border to st Simons island ga took 21 hours. But it's really nice one we get here. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Thanks, I don't mind driving YET lol, as long as the majority is during the day. or i can sleep all day then drive all night(which is not possible lol) And indeed it is so nice once there, especially this time of year when your over Winter season. 

3 hours ago, Chef said:

So the guy who was the best man at my wedding is getting married over there. It’s a short trip as I’m going without the wife and kid. Going to Lisbon for a day. Down to Lagos for two and back to Lisbon for one.

I plan on eating and drinking wine like a pig for four days.

Any chance there’ll be a cigar order with this trip? I’ll be in Madrid in May also for a short food trip. Have fun!