Good and bad

Swamp_bucks

Got home last night from a 15hr trip from Myrtle beach to notice my chest freezer tripped the breaker. Lost at least 20lbs of venison or more. Luckily the stuff at the bottom was still frozen to save it.

good note I came home to my pistol permit being approved. Time to go shopping.

• Like 1

Congrats on the permit .

this year I bought two WiFi monitors, one for,our freezer and one for our house , as we stepped up our travels.  It checks the temperature every hour , I simply look at the app when ever I want and see all the hourly readings . I even do it while I’m home as I don’t open the freezer everyday ,to check . Although it’s set to notify me if it drops to a pre set level anyway .

https://tempstick.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw0umSBhDrARIsAH7FCocGd7GvNbT2_2vM2OuG6y5WnSgbXsk-LbJXAXrYsf0db95YeJ01lfYaAgPGEALw_wcB

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Got home last night from a 15hr trip from Myrtle beach to notice my chest freezer tripped the breaker. Lost at least 20lbs of venison or more. Luckily the stuff at the bottom was still frozen to save it.

good note I came home to my pistol permit being approved. Time to go shopping.

Is the freezer shot ?   I have heard that new ones will pay for themselves in electric cost savings, but I am not so sure on the dependability, compared to the older ones.