Turkey fan mount?

TheTruth2

I use a little fletching wheel mounted on a small motor. Have to be very careful not to cut the feather base. Like to put the work to the wheel rather then bring the tool to the work, as it hard to hold and grind. Have a couple to do, still in the freezer from few years back. I have also picked Borax up at Dollar Tree, but don't have it all the time

Some of theirs is lumpy sometimes, but powders ok; little conservative on price too.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

Well normally this works...hhhmmm this year the dog that killed are goats managed to jump and pull the fan off the hooks...then stopped to growl and bark at me when I caught him...Any how I fan it out and then use small fish hooks in the lower part of quill on outer most feathers and hang them up side down in the upper part of the barn...it's hot no wind but still air circulation and let the flies have at it....when the maggots are done all the meat is gone and the shape I want it....

Edited by growalot

• 2 weeks later...

Try to use a wire brush and get as much meat as you can off. Then have another go at it for a little more.

Borax is bought in the grocery store. Lay it down and sprinkle a good amount on both sides. Then let sit for a good week. Check it then flip it over and apply more borax to both sides and let sit again until it is good and dried out.