Keto diet?

Cory

Anyone here ever give keto a try? My cousin and a couple buddies have done it and all have lost considerable amounts of weight. My cousin is down from 305 to 195. 
 After seeing pictures of myself from my last vacation I have to do something. So here is day one . I’ll try and give weekly updates. Im going to dedicate myself till the end of July. So here is good luck to me! In up to 270 I want to get to 220-215!

• Like 5

@crappyiceno real food plan that I will follow to a tee. I have been reading on what to eat and what not to eat. I have just been pulling ideas from the internet. This morning I had 2 sausage Pattie’s with an egg and cheese in between. Lite lunch spinach with almonds. For dinner I will do a taco salad . After the gym.

• Like 1

I lost 60lbs. And have been maintaining it for a little over two years. If you can incorporate fasting and exercise in things go faster. Just don’t go over board work your way up to a 12-16 hour fast. Eggs,nuts and berries are your friends.
Not sure if this matters in your situation but it also got me off diabetes meds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

I lost 60lbs. And have been maintaining it for a little over two years. If you can incorporate fasting and exercise in things go faster. Just don’t go over board work your way up to a 12-16 hour fast. Eggs,nuts and berries are your friends.
Not sure if this matters in your situation but it also got me off diabetes meds.

Berries?   I thought all simple and complex carbs are a no no?

and congrats!

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

Seven day check in . I have lost 12 pounds this week. I have been eating a lot of taco salads chicken and burgers with lettuce buns for dinner. Breakfast since I work everyday and my site rite now has a bk across the street. I have a double sausage breakfast sandwich. I just throw the bun out. Other than that it has been very easy so far except the pizza cravings. Pants are starting to get real loose.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cory said:

Seven day check in . I have lost 12 pounds this week. I have been eating a lot of taco salads chicken and burgers with lettuce buns for dinner. Breakfast since I work everyday and my site rite now has a bk across the street. I have a double sausage breakfast sandwich. I just throw the bun out. Other than that it has been very easy so far except the pizza cravings. Pants are starting to get real loose.

I lost 7lbs in 7 days. Eggs, sardines, salmon, venison, cheese and salads. Probably would of lost more if I didn't drink beer. Thats my cheater for the weekend. Good for you Cory.

Im in and on day 1!!! Made a ton of keto friendly food for my breakfasts and lunches this week…egg cups, quiche, meatloaf, grabbed a ball of fresh mozzarella and stick of hot sausage. Big salad with tuna fish or baked chicken thighs or salmon for dinner.

Looking forward to similar results!!!!!

• Like 2

Im in and on day 1!!! Made a ton of keto friendly food for my breakfasts and lunches this week…egg cups, quiche, meatloaf, grabbed a ball of fresh mozzarella and stick of hot sausage. Big salad with tuna fish or baked chicken thighs or salmon for dinner.

Looking forward to similar results!!!!!

After 3 weeks on keto look at doing a keto egg fast it will really jumpstart things

9bb799aaea3cb9352fe35ae0441ee233.jpg

Salmon with ramp butter

So my wife took a picture of me today that truly disgusted me. I’ll be back on the keto train after my conference this week. I will be doing a modified clean keto. Salmon is about to become a huge part of my diet again.

• Like 1

Congrats. I have followed a PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) to great success. Similar to Keto but more strict - basically less than 1000 kcal of protein per day. You get a little grumpy.

If anyone is interested, here's a link and explanation of some of the science.

https://www.ironmagazine.com/ebooks/The_Rapid_Fat_Loss_Handbook.pdf

Long term is the goal, in the sense that the best diet is the one you can stick with the longest and that will depend on your psychological makeup.

Good luck.

• Like 1

keto works but if your not gonna stick to it or atleast adopt to a lifestyle fulltime diet after giving up keto then what is the point. Your probably gonna end up heavier than you were before keto..... Keto is a rough diet and few people could do it longterm

1 hour ago, Kmartinson said:

Diets don't work. Lifestyles do. It's about intake vs. Output. If you don't use energy you don't need calories!

No amount of realistic exercise will be more effective for weight loss than putting the fork down. Crash diets can work but transitioning to a maintenance diet is the challenge and there exercise can help. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, left field said:

No amount of realistic exercise will be more effective for weight loss than putting the fork down. Crash diets can work but transitioning to a maintenance diet is the challenge and there exercise can help. 

Abs are built in the kitchen ,tell 'em

Diets don't work. Lifestyles do. It's about intake vs. Output. If you don't use energy you don't need calories!

I am not much of a “do this in moderation” type person. I’m either all in or cold Turkey.
This keto run will be used to reset and get me back to a fighting weight where I can the resume more healthy lifestyle. Post-holidays and a dance with Covid in January and late 40s are doing nothing for my general fitness and my bounce back abilities.

Same. Moderation is very hard for me - if it's open, I'm going to eat it. Weirdly, I can have chips, ice cream, sweets around as long as they're unopened. 

My psychological makeup prefers extreme approaches, so fasting, intermittent fasting, PSMF or some type of depletion/carb loading approach like "Body Recomposition" work very well. Currently, I'm nine pounds over my fighting weight (thank you, Mexico!) so I just stopped drinking cold turkey last Sunday as a start to shave it off.

• Like 2

I am not much of a “do this in moderation” type person. I’m either all in or cold Turkey.
This keto run will be used to reset and get me back to a fighting weight where I can the resume more healthy lifestyle. Post-holidays and a dance with Covid in January and late 40s are doing nothing for my general fitness and my bounce back abilities.

Keto for a while and then adding back in complex carbs is the way to go.

It’s the white carbs that kill us

4 hours ago, left field said:

I agree with that, and said it myself , however I was shocked at the number of gym regulars, who returned to the gym after covid shut it down 30 pounds heavier.

One instructor told me many gained more then that , I was just guessing though .

These were people who were there 5-6 days a week for an hour to an hour and a half of workouts . perhaps that’s more then a reasonable amount  idk what reasonable is . 

Of course I don’t know if they ate and drank more during that time away .

I do know the gym was closed and they got fat .

• Like 1