Keto diet?

Cory

After dropping only 5 pounds after two weeks of what I thought was Keto(probably ate too many calories in nuts and dairy), I decided to do a 3 day fast the last three days and ripped off another 8 pounds. Good luck start.
For the next two weeks I’m going more normal diet/paleo but eating 6 small meals every 3 hours from 7:00am-10:00pm….keeping the booze away and no food after 10pm is where it’s at(I hope).
Energy is up and with spring eventually coming, more activity in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do 10am - 8pm and you’ll feel electric each morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That doesn't work for people who exercise though . You should est within an hour of your workout.

Depends on when you exercise. Unless recent studies changed, 2-4pm has always been primetime.

22 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Depends on when you exercise. Unless recent studies changed, 2-4pm has always been primetime.

Did you see rocky get up and run at 4 pm? I didn't think so.

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Did you see rocky get up and run at 4 pm? I didn't think so.

I always have my best workouts in the morning. Two cups of coffee and off I go. When I worked in NYC and commuted each day I was up at 4:30 and working out by 5:15. Kinda got used to it and it worked for me. Afternoon or evening workouts were the worst. My co-workers always asked me aren't you going to eat I would just say I graze all day long! lol

3 hours ago, First-light said:

I always have my best workouts in the morning. Two cups of coffee and off I go. When I worked in NYC and commuted each day I was up at 4:30 and working out by 5:15. Kinda got used to it and it worked for me. Afternoon or evening workouts were the worst. My co-workers always asked me aren't you going to eat I would just say I graze all day long! lol

I'm up at 4 to do push ups and run 3.5. Ive gotten addicted to the feeling it gives me. I've walking into work wide awake and in a good mood .

• Like 1

Took my daughter for lunch today to her favorite pizza place -Full Moon Arthur Ave.
4919646672ba208bf25dc7cdf3014233.jpg
She crushed them both- 5’4” 100 dripping wet!!!
I was as keto as I could be..meatball parm
on a plate!
80a4fcc0c85249f40138c35869aebd9b.jpg
And grabbed a stick of hot sopresatta for snacks this week.

• Like 3

Jumped on the scale I’m in the 240’s now down almost 30 lbs. 30 more to go. I’ve lost almost 30 in a month. I am going to jump off next weekend because I’ll be crushing beers up at my cabin for the holiday weekend. But right back on Tuesday morning. I will enjoy a slice of pizza from Julie’s in springville also. 

• Like 3

Jumped on the scale I’m in the 240’s now down almost 30 lbs. 30 more to go. I’ve lost almost 30 in a month. I am going to jump off next weekend because I’ll be crushing beers up at my cabin for the holiday weekend. But right back on Tuesday morning. I will enjoy a slice of pizza from Julie’s in springville also. 

Atta boy!! Stick with it-clearly it’s working for you! The last two weeks for me have been bad. Way too much going on for me to stay organized with meal prep. No excuse but it’s my excuse!!!

Had a physical recently , first after I retired 4 years back . Vital signs good, lung sounds good , EKG “ fantastic , keep doing what you’re doing “ , so I just ordered more cigars and bought some Gin , Drs orders .

My weight was up,to a level I’ve never been ,although Dr never said word one . 185 is my feel the best number , I often drift up,to 192-195 over the winter then drop back down . Last year I never dropped down ,and Fla this winter killed me . So I’m going to drop 15-20 , I do nothing special , cut out junk , cut back on booze , eat smaller meals . 

• Like 1

I took the holiday weekend off with the diet . I had 3 slices of pizza, hash brown filled with sausage gravy and my moms Mac salad. Weighed myself this morning and lost a pound. That was encouraging. Stay with it boys!

• Like 1

I started Keto 9 days ago, along with intermittent fasting 18-20 hrs a day. Also did a 24 hr fast the other day. Caloric intake between 1000-1400 a day with less than 12 net carbs a day on average. No results to report until first 2 week weigh in on Tuesday. The Keto piss strips have me in the optimal ketosis range consistently though, so hopefully I'll see rapid results. I did have a few days of Keto flu beginning around day 3. Nauseous/spongie gut, headache, low energy, achy joints....

Wishing continued success to all.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 4:19 AM, blackbeltbill said:

Last year at this time,I was probably  250+ stopped looking at the scale at 248lbs.

Walked all Winter. Even the windy and frigid  days.

Weighed 219lbs yesterday. 

Breakfast is a 32 gram protein/ low carb-- Muscle Milk.

Regular  meals after that. Nothing after 5pm.

Many supplements-- Ashwagandha, Ginkgo Biloba,Zinc,Panax Ginseng, Centrum Silver,+ DHEA- 50 Miligrams tablet once a Day.

Train with medium weights. Nothing under 10 reps. 45lb Dumbell Curls is a medium weight for me for sets of 10 reps.

Hindu Bodyweight Squats- medium  speed. Hands our in front- fairly deep. Wide powerlifting stance.My Fav exercise! 5× 10 or 3× 15 or 2× 20 reps. 

I still do the front and back Wrestlers  Bridges 3 times a week.

Dumbell rows- medium  weight at 55lbs. Sets of 20 reps. 9/10 and never full relax Biceps or hang at bottom.

Decline pushups- different  hand spacing. Feet up on chair. A few pillows for extra height.

Etc....

Post a pic up when,I get under 210lbs.

Goal- 205lbs. My Bodybuilding  competition  weight from Decades back.

Google DHEA to see if it is right for you. Really only for men over 40. 

How's the quest going Bill?

11 days since my physical where I was at an all time high weight . Today down 8 pounds, no special diet, ate out a couple times, grilled Italian sausage, and hotdogs for dinner , with rolls of course . Just no snacking, smaller meals and less drinking , ok maybe just the first two .

Another 10 and I’ll be good .

• Like 3

I know i'm on the opposite end but posted a while back so I figured I'd give the update to keep us all motivated.

6 months working out tomorrow! I am trying to gain and started at 145-150. Up to 165 eating clean. Been stuck there for a while, its been hard to go from one meal a day for the last decade to 4-6. Contemplating trying a gainer, but dont know enough about them.   

KEEP GOING!!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SilentStalker said:

I know i'm on the opposite end but posted a while back so I figured I'd give the update to keep us all motivated.

6 months working out tomorrow! I am trying to gain and started at 145-150. Up to 165 eating clean. Been stuck there for a while, its been hard to go from one meal a day for the last decade to 4-6. Contemplating trying a gainer, but dont know enough about them.   

KEEP GOING!!!!

One can gain a good amount of muscle mass the first year or so of lifting, after that it levels for most people . Good job .

• Like 1