Any WSM ammo is very expensive now.

I have been watching online auctions for WSM ammo and I cannot believe the prices.  I have to assume ammo makers are not making a lot of it anymore, because people complain they can't find it anywhere.  I have a .325 WSM I bought a while back and stocked up on ammo 10 or so years ago.  I thought $40 a box was a lot back then.  Today I saw 2 boxes of Winchester 200 grain Accubond ammo sell for $300.

Either that ammo has gotten really expensive to make, or the supply available is very low.

I've noticed all calibers of WSM ammo have become very expensive and scarce as well.  This doesn't bode well for the future of the shooting sports.

It doesn’t get shot much but my 358-300wsm isn’t bad to shoot. I bought a few hundred cases of 300wsm that have been fire formed and I shoot the same 225 Barnes ttsx’s that I have a couple thousand of that I got on sale for about 1.00$ a bullet. I load it with vargett, although I have a bunch of it vargett is one of the few powders I have been seeing.

Any wsm is a reloaders only game now do to reduced popularity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly this is worth about a grand now… possibly the best investment Iv ever made.  At least when an elk hunt happens in my future I’ll be ready. 
C9B5B26C-D21B-448F-90A3-7BA995BBF049.thumb.jpeg.465f4421cd8fe6c7c76f9f53875cfd98.jpeg

Used to have a .325WSM and loaded the 200 grain Accubond ahead of a bunch of H4350. Was a great load. Can’t recall shooting a deer with it, but did shoot my first black bear with it. Kinda miss that rifle. Might still have some of those bullets left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1