Bh209

sbuff

I thought about switching to bh209, but stuck with t7 and replenished my supply of that last year.  Cleanup is no problem with t7, using Traditions foaming bore cleaner, and the 50 gr pellets are much more convenient to use than loose powder.  

Its not so much the clean up I like about bh209,its being able to shoot 50 plus shot at the gun club with out swabing the barrel. If you use t7 loose or pellets you'll get the crud ring and need a sledge hammer to get shot 3 down the pipe .

• Like 1

For hunting purposes T7 and pyrodex will work fine, no need to stop hunting with a muzzleloader as long as you have one of those .  I just won't be able to shoot 50plus rounds of bh209 at the gun club anytime soon.

I'll quit muzzleloader hunting without bh209, everything else on the market is complete garbage compared to it.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve tried it all and shot pounds of BH and will never go back. Luckily I bought 15lbs a few yrs a go when I couldn’t find it local and had to pay the hazmat fee to ship I figured I would make it worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Luckily I bought 15lbs a few yrs a go when I couldn’t find it local and had to pay the hazmat fee to ship I figured I would make it worth it.

We’ll have no more forward thinking around here !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, sbuff said:

You could sell those two on GB and afford to buy a new bow . People are paying crazy money for it

What is the going rate now?

I go to Ohio often and will be spending the afternoon of the 30th tracking down as many hunting and fishing stores as possible since we can only hunt til noon there. When we do that, we historically come across it on shelf. Heck, found it in season last year in a WALMART of all places there.

1 hour ago, phade said:

I go to Ohio often and will be spending the afternoon of the 30th tracking down as many hunting and fishing stores as possible since we can only hunt til noon there. When we do that, we historically come across it on shelf. Heck, found it in season last year in a WALMART of all places there.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/922215755

That was the last one I was watching 

1 hour ago, phade said:

I was in Dayton/Cincy/Indy area last week and did not have any luck..  If you come across some in your travels and have the ability to get your hands on a couple extras, I would be happy to compensate you for the effort.  I am in Rochester area

• 2 weeks later...

I only got to two stores this weekend in Ohio. No BH209 but I did get CCI 209M primers which are hard to find here and are the ideal primer for BH209. I have plenty now for ppl if they want some.

• Like 1