Winchester SXP NWTF Turkey Hunter thoughts?

NYRturkeycall

8 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Never owned one but 24” is too long of a barrel for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely nice having that tight choke and being able to sneak around. 2nd half of May is thick by me, all the stickers and prickers are in full effect. 

Definitely nice having that tight choke and being able to sneak around. 2nd half of May is thick by me, all the stickers and prickers are in full effect. 

Yup, tests have been done that longer barrels do nothing for turkey guns to improve pattern. Only downside to a shorter barrel is that they’re a bit louder. 18.5” is perfect in my opinion. Anything over 20” is too long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NYRturkeycall said:

Anyone have this gun or any thoughts on it?

I own one but never hunted with it. I took it to the range and it shoots very well. My only complaint was that the fiber optic sights are very small. You wont have any problem killing a turkey with it. The shotgun is made in Istanbul, Turkey so maybe that's a good omen for you.

IMG_2513.thumb.jpg.20b1930284d120b10ecccc222379c99d.jpgIMG_2515.thumb.jpg.a43d1a1746ba06ff825a796de4ef3d3e.jpgIMG_2516.thumb.jpg.253edb9e9d335a30851ffe580a02527d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...