Pre-Season prep work

oneidacountyhunter

Only prep work I've been doing so far is just shooting the bow as often as possible. I have some new stand locations picked out and will hopefully put up a couple stands this week then practice shooting from them. Haven't done much scouting yet but need to as oct 1st will be here before you know it.

Just shooting the bow as often as I can...kneeling, crouching, standing. Has anyone ever tried doing some physical activity while practice shooting? Occasionally I will do push-ups before shooting my next round of arrows to try to simulate adrenaline/blood-pumping (when a deer is in the sights). I hope it helps when the time comes.

Been shooting my bow most of the year, will start to do single shots at bow range and do the course a few times for a work out, just need the mosquitos to calm down a bit... Jogging and cardio work outs for the hiking prep... Will start to shot the guns this week I hope, weather providing... Hitting airial/topo's hard and figuring out a game plan for the bucks... Need a new tent and water purifier for the early deep woods bow trip so need to do some shopping...

Occasionally I will do push-ups before shooting my next round of arrows to try to simulate adrenaline/blood-pumping (when a deer is in the sights). I hope it helps when the time comes.

I will only shoot three arrows...I practice from a 16ft tree stand....shoot three...climb down....go back up shoot three...then after 5x's of that ...I move the target and repeat...I move the target 3x's....by the time I'm done.....I'm sweating bullets and sore all over...But ya know...it really makes you concentrate on form and shot angles...I shoot instinctive....