Ithaca NY Fine Dining?

Lawdwaz

buttermilk and treman for a hike .usually hike them both the same day. Viva in the commons for really good authentic mexican food, Ithaca brewing beer garden is fun,collegetown bagels( 2locations) for awesomw coffe and breakfast sammiches,liquid state brewing has some good beers, stop at Muranda cheese in geneva on the way home, its a remodled barn and killer cheeses, 2 goats brewing on seneca on the way home too, only killer roast beef to eat there and great view of lake from the deck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I may be spending a weekend in Ithaca soon and wondered if anyone could recommend any better dining places?

Things to see while there?

What park is nicer for a visit?  Buttermilk Falls or Taughannock Falls.

What type of food do you like? There are many options here. Simeons on the commons, the Rook, too many to name.

Taughannock is great, may be a little better, also Treman park just south of buttermilk is awesome also. The lower park now has rainbows spawning in it from the lake.

Cornell campus is really beautiful and the ithaca falls on the east end is a must. It's located in fall creek neighborhood.  Also loaded with spawning fish.

31 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

What type of food do you like? There are many options here. Simeons on the commons, the Rook, too many to name.

Taughannock is great, may be a little better, also Treman park just south of buttermilk is awesome also. The lower park now has rainbows spawning in it from the lake.

Cornell campus is really beautiful and the ithaca falls on the east end is a must. It's located in fall creek neighborhood.  Also loaded with spawning fish.

Are you local?

5 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

It'd be easier to name the types of food I don't like.....and I can't think of any.  LOL

The Cornell Lab of Ornithology sounds interesting.  Yes/no?

Ornithology is cool for sure. We have lots of hiking trails around. I think is finger lakes land trust spots as well as the finger lakes trail.  You at least gotta tell me what level dining,  we have great food but also swanky spots because of cornell. Every type of Asian cuisine, no great steaks anymore but everything else. Imo boatyard has fell off, its very cisco truck,  but around the comons are some Gems.

Ornithology is cool for sure. We have lots of hiking trails around. I think is finger lakes land trust spots as well as the finger lakes trail.  You at least gotta tell me what level dining,  we have great food but also swanky spots because of cornell. Every type of Asian cuisine, no great steaks anymore but everything else. Imo boatyard has fell off, its very cisco truck,  but around the comons are some Gems.

To me fine dining meats white tablecloths and wine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk