send letters for crossbows in NY

I have no intention of ever using a Cross – bow. I do know someone who has MS and I wish some of could walk a week in his shoes or try to walk in his shoes. Maybe your tune would change.

My sister has cerebral pulsey. Get a sense of humor, most people that have a disability do.

Making fun of someone’s handicap just shows anyone who visit this site what kind of low life some hunters are. Hunter aren’t the only ones who go to this site

Bighunter27—you have never seen someone die a little every day or you wouldn’t be talking out you’re a--

Actually, I never said that the repeating crossbow was on the market and I did call it a prototype. Of course once again you missed the whole point of the examples as showing that crossbow technology is still in its infancy with huge potential and as the market acceptance grows, the technological growth will make the compound advances look primitive. And as a matter of fact, I saw the video and that repeating unit worked very good and showed the future capabilities of having the frame of a stock to work off of.

As far as the reversed crossbow, I don't know anything about your contention that it was done only to make it narrower. or even the contention that it is slower because of the design. And I certainly believe that it demonstrates the fact that all limits formerly applying to bows are now put on hold with that stock available to build on.

By the way, I read through the new NYS crossbow legislation (this is the state that I am concerned about) and didn't find any restrictions on repeater designs. In fact there are very few design limitations at all.

I understand that not everyone sees potential when they witness it, but take my word for it, that repeater shows one thing very clearly: that stock offers a whole new set of opportunities for all kinds of mechanisms and other speed increasing features. The reversed crossbow also shows that there are all kinds of physical boundaries in an actual bow that get erased when you include a stock.

However, if you find it inconvenient to acknowledge the potential and the fact that crossbow manufacturers are working diligently to make some of these things and more to become reality that's ok. I understand. But I would then also suggest that you also have to deny the wild advancements that the compound historically took since the introduction and acceptance of the Allen compound bow. And if you think that the crossbow does not provide a whole new platform of developments that are not available to bows, then you really are short-sighted. But then again, like I said before, you really don't care about that stuff anyway ..... right?

Doc

hey Doc the vert compound bow was invented in the 70s, only 40 years ago and has in no way reached the end of the tracks as far as technology or performance, if that were the case we would still be driving Studebakers and flying cross country in prop planes.

there will be advancements in crossbow technology and vert compound technology both, and those things will have to be delt with as we come to those bridges, 400 fps vert compound bows are just about here...

I've yet to see the relevance of dates of invention to anything regarding the crossbow issue. I guess it makes good filler when all arguments have been exhausted. And believe me all arguments have been completely exhausted on this issue...... from both sides....lol.

Doc

Probably not the best thing to start the name calling.

Again, get a sense of humor.

What a surprise....... Have you ever seen a crossbow discussion end any other way? It seems to be a subject that hunters just can't handle. Civility seems to eventually go right out the window when the word "crossbow" shows up on a forum. It's guaranteed.

Doc

seems to me NYB is against anything that infringes upon their methods.  They fought an early muzzleloading season in the southern tier because they own the woods at that time. Funny part here in the nrthern zone bow hunters and muzzleloaders can hunt at the same time and it works fine.  Off topic I understand but it just seems there has to be some compromise here and none is being shown from one side on any changes.

Probably not the best thing to start the name calling.

Again, get a sense of humor.

What a surprise....... Have you ever seen a crossbow discussion end any other way? It seems to be a subject that hunters just can't handle. Civility seems to eventually go right out the window when the word "crossbow" shows up on a forum. It's guaranteed.

Doc

Actually, this thread has been pretty good until one person got overly sensitive about something not even related to crossbows lol.

seems to me NYB is against anything that infringes upon their methods.  They fought an early muzzleloading season in the southern tier because they own the woods at that time. Funny part here in the nrthern zone bow hunters and muzzleloaders can hunt at the same time and it works fine.  Off topic I understand but it just seems there has to be some compromise here and none is being shown from one side on any changes.

It's not just NYB~Snowmobilers~hikers~farmers~ some hidden NYC & New Platz antis that camp out in the DEC office~ and every other paid lobbiest that does nothing for us.

They fought the early ML season because some people didn't read the proposal and went off whining how'd we'd shoot all the bucks. It was made worse because many of the sporting community didn't read it either and never stepped up to defend the proposal's.

The proposal was for flat tops only. It was the DEC who continued to come to meetings asking how to reduce crop damage in certain areas. We gave them option after option and not once was the ML season changed or modified.

IN FACT, the 1st proposal from the Wayne County fedeation some years back asked for end of Sept. using that years tags. October, January and dang near every month inbetween has been offered. Every time the whiners came out with a lame excuse.

From here on out it will be ; When do I get my stand alone ML season"! I pay for it...it's in the DEC regulations, so make it happen.

And you can quote me on that!!

So what now? Gun hunters couldn't take a piece of the archery season with the crossbow so now(already) you start hammering away with the muzzleloader and how you want part of the early season.  Have you no shame?

The crossbow doesnt afford gun hunters anything. If you are crossbow hunting, you are archery hunting because like it or not, the crossbow is archery equipment. Eventually crossbows will be allowed in archery season, you can quote me on that.  :)

The ML guys get to hunt extra time that the rifle and shotgun guys dont currently get along with the whole gun season already. Why do they need more? In actuality, I would like to see far less gun season than what we have now. Between rifles, shotguns and MLs, there is way too much gun time in NY. You dont see the lengthy gun seasons we have in other states that have well managed deer herds.

I have 14 days to hunt this year and that counts northern ML, Rifle--Southeren Bow and gun and ML. Schedules being what they are now a days time is tight. The season length is the only thing that could put me int the woods more. I just can't fit any more in. I would love to see them lengthen the seasons. I could probably increase the quality of the deer I take but I normally tag out so my quantity wouldn't change. I'd be more likely to let the average doe walk and hold for the post breeding doe.......or pass the 8 for something I have caught bigger on my cams. I would never say no to anything that gives me more time out there.

Of course if the economy doesn't turn soon more of us might have plenty of time to hunt...and need to.....(((((fingers are crossed)))

well before telling me we I have no shame read my post.  It says in the northern zone where I live, I have an early and late muzzleloading season. What I said was the bow hunters think they own the woods in the south. The interesting thing is when people have nothng that will be useful in a debate, they attack. I get two weeks to hunt with my muzzleloader one before season during the sacred bow season and one after regular season. PS I also hunt with a bow ant it is a recurve with no sites. I shoot instinct very well. I think that qualifies me as a person with moe of a stake in a primitive season than someone who needs a compound with sites.  Primitive is primitive.

Funny part here in the nrthern zone bow hunters and muzzleloaders can hunt at the same time and it works fine. 

Do not compare hunting conditions of the northern zone to those of the southern zone. There is no comparison. Hunter densities are no where near the same. Not only that, but simply because a bad idea has been implemented in one part of the state does not make it a good idea to stuff it into the rest of the state.

So what now? Gun hunters couldn't take a piece of the archery season with the crossbow so now(already) you start hammering away with the muzzleloader and how you want part of the early season.  Have you no shame?

Lol ....... You are surprised?

and by the way I have hunted the north and south for many years and I see very little difference.  Now go play nice and try a new concept it is called sharing. Take your compound bow with all the gadgets and pretend to be a bow hunter

well before telling me we I have no shame read my post.  It says in the northern zone where I live, I have an early and late muzzleloading season. What I said was the bow hunters think they own the woods in the south. The interesting thing is when people have nothng that will be useful in a debate, they attack. I get two weeks to hunt with my muzzleloader one before season during the sacred bow season and one after regular season. PS I also hunt with a bow ant it is a recurve with no sites. I shoot instinct very well. I think that qualifies me as a person with moe of a stake in a primitive season than someone who needs a compound with sites.  Primitive is primitive.

Oh gee fellas ...... In the words of that great American Rodney King ..... "can't we all just get along?"  :) 

I guess all the divisive language pitting hunter against hunter really doesn't come from just the bowhunters after all does it?

again an attack nothing relevent in your response.  But a smy father told me years ago, your mind is already made up no sense in trying to confuse you with the facts. Happy hunting.

But it is an unhappy but true observation isn't it?