send letters for crossbows in NY

No I am saying show me a post where I said there needs ot be an early muzzleloading season in the southern zone simple as that. I WANT TO SEE WHERE I POSTED IT not what you inperpreted to put your spin on. I said it is the same as when the state tried to open an early muzzleloading season and the bow groups whined. AGAIN SHOW NE WHERE I SAID I WANTED A SEASON THERE.  I have said a dizen times I dont care if there ever was one there.  See your spin is good 

seems to me NYB is against anything that infringes upon their methods.  They fought an early muzzleloading season in the southern tier because they own the woods at that time. Funny part here in the nrthern zone bow hunters and muzzleloaders can hunt at the same time and it works fine.  Off topic I understand but it just seems there has to be some compromise here and none is being shown from one side on any changes.

there is my original post show me where it says I think the southern zone needs a muzzleoader season

AGAIN SHOW NE WHERE I SAID I WANTED A SEASON THERE. 

I'm sorry, I actually believed that you meant at least a little of the rhetoric that you were spewing. Now I guess you are saying that you really don't have any valid thoughts or convictions as to whether an early muzzleloading season should be implemented in the southern zone. See I thought that all those references to the southern zone really meant that you had some sort of principled belief that muzzleloaders should be allowed in the bow seasons of the south. Little did I know that you were arguing just to argue and taking the opportunity to just arbitrarily blast the bowhunters at the same time.

Also, I took your following quote as something you really believed in: "No one said that archery season has to be taken over, just shared." How was I to know that you only think that idea applies in the north? lol..... or maybe you don't even believe in it there, who knows anymore? When you said that the archery season has to be shared, I thought you really meant it and I thought you meant it should apply statewide. Sorry ...... my mistake. I guess I have learned not to take your statements too seriously anymore because apparently there's not a whole lot of conviction behind them.

Doc

man you can spin a tale. Let me ask you something.  When the state wanted to start a muzzleloading season in the north which went along with archery season did you care? Did you fight against it?  And again the one line you quoted from me was in response to you saying that it would take time away from archery. I responded it is a shared time not taking anythng away.  You must be a democrat. Out of all the things I said, you can pick one line and spin it.  Do I honestly care if they ever implemented an early muzzleloading season in the south, nope.  Did you care when they imlemented one in the North. I will be interested to see what how you respond.  If you were a true archer with convictions, I would expect you were in there fighting for the archers in the northern zone.  Lets see how committed you were then.  My only point from the beginning again was every time there is a possibility of a change the archers groups cry foul, like they are priveleged. They need a group to speak their minds like the archery union.  You didnt answer my question as to where did I say there should be a season implemented in the south.  Just keep attacking my character and rip apart my posts to make yourself look so good and pure and right. I honestly love it.  It only shows how little you actually comprehend. 

And again the one line you quoted from me was in response to you saying that it would take time away from archery. I responded it is a shared time not taking anythng away. 

Come on Bubba that isn't true and you know it. Do I have to repeat the whole quote. There was no comment regarding taking any time away from archery.

To me when somebody says that archery season has to be shared, it's not a statement that you can run away from especially when it's written here on the forum. Now if you are saying that you don't really believe that anymore, I can accept that.

Did you care when they imlemented one in the North. I will be interested to see what how you respond. 

I don't even remember when that occurred. Most likely I was not into internet hunting forums then and perhaps we didn't even have them. Most likely I wasn't into organized archery, or even a member of any organizations that would have given me a heads-up on the issue. Not hardly the same situation as someone who has purposely injected themselves into that kind of an issue and now wants to escape it all by convincing us that all that fuss and nonsense really doesn't mean anything because he really doesn't care anyway.

My only point from the beginning again was every time there is a possibility of a change the archers groups cry foul, like they are priveleged. They need a group to speak their minds like the archery union.

We bowhunters have paid our dues and established our season and a lot of good logic is behind how it all came out. It is not us who are "crying foul". It is those that look jealously at our season and want to jump into it and are totally upset that we don't simply roll over and let them have it. These are the whiners to use a term you're so fond of. These are the people who think they are priviledged and own the woods and should be able to insert themselves into any season they want even though they already have appropriate seasons assigned to them. Basically what we have here is a segment of gunners who want their season and now want everybody elses season too. 

You didnt answer my question as to where did I say there should be a season implemented in the south. 

Apparently you didn't even bother to read my previous post. It was right there. Try reading it real slowly .... it'll come to you. I'm not going to repeat it all for you.

so you are saying in a round about way you didnt care when it happened in the north. It was in the eraly 80s and I imagine yoy were still with mommy and daddy then. But who knows maybe you still are.  I never said the southern archery season or the northern HAD to be shared. Please quote that one too. I sai dit is shared here in the north and it works.  I know your philosophy very well. If you cant dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.  You are good at it.  Please quote all I said and show where I said it archery season HAD to be shared. You have done a great job of deflecting this topic from the one of crossbows being used.  I asked a few posts ago why it would be different for a person with a crossbow to be in the woods waiting for a deer than a person with a compound bow.  I wil state again the seasons were set up as primitive seasons, so lets make archery and muzzleloading seasons primitive.  long bows recurves and flintlocks.  I am done now with your foolishness as you do not want to debate points, you want to attack Happy hunting. I hope you can find a tree to climb into when the crossbows take over.  After all it is all about control. 

so you are saying in a round about way you didnt care when it happened in the north. It was in the eraly 80s and I imagine yoy were still with mommy and daddy then. But who knows maybe you still are.  I never said the southern archery season or the northern HAD to be shared. Please quote that one too. I sai dit is shared here in the north and it works.  I know your philosophy very well. If you cant dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.  You are good at it.  Please quote all I said and show where I said it archery season HAD to be shared. You have done a great job of deflecting this topic from the one of crossbows being used.  I asked a few posts ago why it would be different for a person with a crossbow to be in the woods waiting for a deer than a person with a compound bow.  I wil state again the seasons were set up as primitive seasons, so lets make archery and muzzleloading seasons primitive.  long bows recurves and flintlocks.  I am done now with your foolishness as you do not want to debate points, you want to attack Happy hunting. I hope you can find a tree to climb into when the crossbows take over.  After all it is all about control.

Well, this is the second time that you promised to end your crazy ranting and then back-peddaling. I hope this time you finally really mean what you are saying.

Doc

Doc,

Just cut to the chase, you are against the introduction of crossbows! Elminate the rhetoric, for you you just like to argue. Move on please! we are tired of yiur act!

Yes, I don't think that it has been any secret that I have no love for the idea of crossbows in bow season or any other weapon that doesn't belong. And if you don't happen to like my opinion, that's your problem. I have just as much right to represent the other side of the argument as you do whether you like it or not.

Doc

Doc,

Just cut to the chase, you are against the introduction of crossbows! Elminate the rhetoric, for you you just like to argue. Move on please! we are tired of yiur act!

You had 12 posts or less when you made this statement and your tired of hearing about it ????? Then don't open the thread !

It's certainly not a grass-roots activity from hunters.

You don't think it's possible for one counties sportsman's club to total 2000 members - a generous estimate of NYB's total STATEWIDE membership? County Federations include all sportsman organizations.

Thru archery leagues, 3d shoots, and local sportsman's club's, I interact regularly with 100 plus hunters who bowhunt.

Overwhelming attitude is they are not interested in using a crossbow, but would have no problem with them being allowed with all other archery equipment in the bow season - at least 80% plus. Since their not interested for themselves, they are not forming a crossbow org and probably would not join one until it effects them close to home. Not that different then NYB struggle to even get 1% of the licensed bowhunters in the state - and again that number is generous.

Fact is the crossbow where legal has not ruined or had any effect on those choosing to hunt with real bows - or even those shooting compounds. ;D

Steve, I doubt you could get 2,000 signatures across the state. Most of the federation meetings I've attended had less than 20 people in attendence and usually it is under 10.

Read the first post to this thread. I wrote that and emailed it out & Sits posted it here.  I was on the phone with legislatores when I wrote it.

Long Island is 5 largest and most populated island and the total count was around 200 letters. I'd wager most of those were from outside LI.

Now matter how much the horse is beat, once the Gov. signs the bill Xbow hunting in NY will become a reality. 

Better than that it will become legal, which means I've achived my goal of promoting the Xbow as a legal hunting weapon,for everyone who wants to use one in NY & before the antis stopped it all together. FYI: guys, it wasn't the antis that gave me the most opposition to my proposal of,( make it legal,no restrictions & let the DEC regulate it); it was other sportsmen.

NYB has come out with a neutral opinion on the XBow as it will  not be in the 7+- week archery season.

There's nothing left to debate

BPB

I am a firearms hunter only.

I guess I really do not understand what all the fuss is about.

I believe some bow hunters believe that firearm hunters will just grab a crossbow, and go hunting because it is easier? Maybe there is something to that, but not as I am concerned.

I have no desire to stick an arrow or bolt in anything. Just not my thing..I really like muzzleloaders, rifles, shotguns...

Now do not get me wrong. I have great respect for bowhunters. They are some of the BEST hunters out there. My buddy is an avid bowhunter. He asked if I would hunt with the crossbow. I said no. I am fully capable of learning to shoot a compound well. I have actually shot targets before. Just not my cup of tea.

So from what I've read in the local news Patterson signed the bill into effect but it was changed before he signed it. So you can only use a crossbow during Gun, is that correct?

Nothing I have found this morning says the Patterson signed it but the bill has changed.  The NYB folk should be happy.  ::)

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20100714/SPORTS/7140334/Outdoors++Still+no+crossbows+allowed+in+archery+season

The original Bill was A00924.  This was amended 5 times before it went to vote in the Senate and Assembly last month  A00924E was the final Bill that was voted on.  To my knowledge, it has not been signed by the Governor yet.

It will not matter if the Gov. Signs the bill or not after so many days it becomes law. I can’t remember how many days I think it is 90 day unless there is a veto it will become law. That’s how some of the southern zone rifle areas were put in place. If you remember he didn’t sign all the rifle bills