Black Walnut trees.

I have a few around my property on Long Island. Things are a pain in the ass when they drop their fruit. I got the brainy idea to try panting them for upstate. 

I planted about 75 which was a lot of work. If you do this wear two pairs of rubber gloves. The staining on my hands lasted over a month! lol So I planted three tubs and 

screened them in. 1 took and this is what I have after winter. Pretty cool but now I hear deer don't like them but the squirrels do. Anyway I'll transplant them, thinking in the fall. 

Any suggestions welcomed. 

48766453-6D75-4D69-8909-FC04FACA4356_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by First-light

I have planted dozens of them, many are now bearing fruit. Good eating, beautiful trees, what's not to like!

Greek proverb:

A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

Robby

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robby said:

I have planted dozens of them, many are now bearing fruit. Good eating, beautiful trees, what's not to like!

Greek proverb:

A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

Robby

Yes I heard they were great to eat. 

• Like 1