Knee replacement

Larry

I had arthroscopy surgery done on my right knee April 6 for a torn meniscus . Had a follow up visit with my orthopedic doctor on the 19th . He said that I will probably be due for a knee replacement in a year or two . I'm too old to want to go through with this but my knee hurts more now than before the surgery but it has only been 3 weeks since the surgery .

10 hours ago, Larry said:

Just had my left knee replaced this morning this should be the last one. Seems to be doing well but the nerve block is wearing off. I won't be back to work till Labor day I can't go back on restriction. 

Follow the doctor's instruction and do the exercises that are recommended . Get well soon . :drinks:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Hopefully a fast recovery for you. I have a few Tweaks in my knees from Decades of Heavy Squats. Some shoulder issues as well. I used to train insanely  Heavy when,I was Younger.-- There is a price..

Each morning  in my Coffee,I make sure to Take- Vital Proteins- Collagen for my Joints. That is the Jennifer Aniston commercial. 

I stretch 3 times a week minimum.  I make sure to keep my knee joint flexible  by sitting the way older Japanese  people do. I do that for a few minutes.

I had the same mentality in my youth and same outcome with age.  Thought the human body was self-healing machine, which it is.   Didn't understand or appreciate that the "healing" is scar tissue which has different characteristic from the tissue originally there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Larry said:

I came home this afternoon. More sore today ice seams to help. I start PT tomorrow at home.

When I had mine done year and half ago I would do laps in the house every 2 hours on top of the PT. With nicer weather coming in a few months you should be able to get outside and do some walking too. Seemed to help keep it loose. I was cursing the first year after having it replaced but now glad I had it done . 

Thank all. This My second one. hopefully the last. This wasn't planned was hoping not to do this till next year at the earliest. I fell in January. It buckled out from under me I had sharp pain and down I went. Had a MRI and the doctor said it's time.