Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Out in the snow and wind this afternoon with the cross bow...sitting in a ground blind....nada...waited until pretty dark...wanting to see if any thing would show in the area...Still want to find if a bigger bucks around for next week....pack up.... switch bolts unload the cross bow with a field point into target.......surprised how well I could see in the scope with such little light....while struggling to pull the bolt out of 3D...I hear...snort...snort...snort....lol...

Well at least I know they are still in the area...Hitting old reliable in the morning...it is dang cold out there...giving the cross bow just one more try...it is dead on..Well when I have the correct distance that is...lol

Holy Crap...I couldn't feel my toes by the time I got back at 11am.....It was like walking on broken glass all the way in and of course...ole reliable had...from the sounds of deer running ......at least 6 deer bedded under and around in the blow downs...so I start to climb and it sounds like I'm shooting off fire works!!! POP SNAP CREEK (sp?)...any ways the rains soaked into the stand and then froze in the wood...Think I saw any thing? :fie: ...lol

I'm back out for an afternoon hunt one LAST time with the crossbow...as soon as I defrost

Been in the stand since 6:30 this morning. A little discouraged. Nothing but squirrels and a loner button buck. Was gonna sit til dark but I am froze to the bone. Going for a coffee and an hour break then back in til dark. I'm sure the big one is on his way and will be here 5 minutes after I leave. Oh well, beautiful day just cold cold cold. And noisy squirrels sound like herds of deer coming though lol.

Well I went out to the stand I saw the 10pt out of...the deer hit that corner every night...I've stayed away just for this time....Of course ma nature kicked my butt once again/...the winds were SE and that would have worked fine...and it did until 4pm when all of a sudden the winds where swinging like a metronome....... E-W out of the south...... I saw at 4:15 a bunch of tails 70yrd out wave bye :bye:

Oh well at least they are still around...browning comes out tomorrow

Some issues with the server? Had to go through the calender, to get into this post. Maybe they have soggy britches too, LOL. The fog was thick in spots. Had deer pop up at 7:18 am between the showers.They were bedded in the radish. Just chewed on my lip. Looks like a dark day.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I thought hard on where to go....no crunching this a.m....just a perfect quiet walk in...so I went for a ridge stand that hadn't been used...sitting 3 hundred yards on either side between a farmers alfalfa and my plots...heard soft foot in the woods not dfar off the trail....Just as it was getting light enough to see I heard a rush of noise out in front of me and then one to my left and behind.......Alas nothing showed...at least close enough for me to see...got back at 10:15....did a slow spot and walk out...nothing but fresh huge tracks and new dogwood rubs....heard several fairly close/area shots