Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Had some company to hunt with for the final afternoon. So an hour ago I put my nephew in one of my stands, my brother in law in one of my ground blinds, and my buddy in my patio chair in the scrub apples. I settled into my old stand by to watch the fields. My buddy slowly walks to his spot and across the field comes a tall spike buck, not a minute behind from the same spot comes running a big rack buck. They're heading for my nephew. I hope his eyes are open. Lol!

saw 6 tonight, all came out with about 15 mins left of legal shooting light. really glad to see that the 2 families ive been watching the whole summer and hunting season are still intact. but rather furious that as im closing the door on my hut in the dark at 5:02 i hear 2 shots close by. legal hrs ended at 4:26, not that id hesitate to take a deer 15 mins beyond that but 5pm is just nonsense.

I had 6 come out on the wrong side of the field just before the end of legal light. Had the road hunting poachers stop and get out of their truck until they saw my orange then they hopped back in their truck and took off. Makes me wonder whats been shot out of that spot this year since I havent been around much. My father is actually trying to buy the chunk of land. If he does, I will be planting a double row of pines along the road to get rid of the road hunter temptation.

• Like 2

Awesome evening sit for the first day of muzzle. Nice encounter with a couple small doe and 5 young at 30 yd... Had 1 young jump a ditch, landing in the water 20' up wind from where I was sitting. 3 others came out about 200 yd, up wind. They came out about 4:40 pm, would of passed anyways, but I enjoyed the viewing time till dark.It's kind of the laid back, fun time of the season and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter