Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Lol..ya I think they came in just before light and bedded down...I thought I'd heard something...but was watching the field...the fawns for some reason like to bed under my blinds..I've posted in the past a pic of a fawn bedding under the cardboard /tarp blind...funny...so much for not getting caught...lol

I called Mr B. and he just said .."only you!"...then...Great!..now the coyotes can smell them!....Really! they're not a week old dear...lol

It was a beautiful morning and I just got back...did a bad bad thing this a.m....about 9:30 sitting in shooting house...due to wind...Had to go!...Too much water...so took care of business and I crawl out on to the deck ...so as not to get caught...reach over blind material and empty container...There's a rush of noise running away then stops...I... still on hands and knees brace for what I thought would be skunk...no...I peek over blind and there 12yrds away are a buck and doe fawn...he has 4 in spikes and is sniffing like crazy...

she on the other hand is violently shaking her head ...with my urine spraying of her ears....OOOPPPPssss...Lord what are the chances...she starts the one foot stomp and turning where she stands...trying to figure out what just happened.... ears rotating every which way...I back up into the shooting house and try to get cam but she decides to trot away up through the woods buck in tow...I think I popped a vein trying not to laugh out loud...They surely creeped in on me...The wind had the leafs very noisy this morning...lol

Baiting Bucks with Doe urine ???? LOL
  • Like 1

Wow thug, thats a cool pic! Didn't realize that some still had their spots. Late birth???

Yeah maybe. Sent pic to my 15 yo daughter - first thing she asked was "Is it still walking?" I told her yup but would have tasted really tender. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

got to stand at 6am....wet and dripping from heavy fog ......I settled into a good stand and started hearing snapping of twigs all around and behind me ...I had to reposition sitting and I here thumping of a deer running away...just as it was getting light enough to see anything I stood...knowing they were in close ....light out 7:45 I start seeing deer just popping up every where10 -20 yds out...Not hunting doe right now...but could have taken some plump ones...they'd come in and laid down....or I walked in to the middle of a bedding area...first time in this Stand...a big bodied buck shirted the area behind me and went over the ridge...couldn't grunt him in and too many beech to see rack clearly....A fawn got revenge on me by wondering in and blatting non stop for a 20min period..... walking circles on the trails I'd raked the other day...sniffing the ground...Fawns bleating makes me sad,,,,hope Moms locked down with a buck...10:30 ...my back said no more and my hands were cold ...came home....Good Luck