Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Well... Just before legal shooting time a buck comes waltzing in. Looked like it was a 6 but as it came closer to 25 yds and i drew back i got busted. Turns out he was only a 4. Got him on video. Will post when get back downstate. One more chance tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great afternoon on stand cool no wind ..but no deer either...4 small hens came in... got ready to draw...that's all that showed...no go...had a blast watching how the red and greys maneuver around each other and what's up with these grackles??....every stand I sit in ...they find me and land in the tops...so many tonight..no kidding...the darn maple actually shook...not talking a small maple here folks......they found me in a different stand this morning when they took off it sounded like thunder in the distance...only right over my head....

Rain had perfect timing...started to drizzle as I packed up to leave at 6pm...was pouring as I walked down the drive...fog and drizzle now..

Almost hit a 150s 10pt coming off the farm i hunt. Assumed it was the same buck i had on camera 3 weeks ago. Checked that cam- nope, different buck. 2 150+ 10s in the neighborhood- i am pumped! I have the Tink's blow up doll dekes out front with the wind in my face..

Been out all day. I bumped a few deer not 100 yds from vehicle. Sat til' 11:00. No deer came through. I still hunted til 12:30 no deer.

I did find a sweet spot for my climber right where I saw a monster buck while I was trapping last year! Hopefully he's still around!

Back on LI. Tied up my lawn furniture. Cleaned out my wood stove chimney in case i need to light it to cook if we lose power and after a long hot shower I'm on my couch with my dog watching the Jets losing...again! Good luck to all who are still out there. Stay safe my hunting brothers and sisters over the next few days.