Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

WesternNY where you at? I'm in 9h and also saw some chasing during the last hr today. Hope early tomorrow will be good before the storm hits. good luck all - be safe

Saw the same 2.5 8pt for the umpteenth time tonight. Since opener he has had a doe under his close watch. Tonight he had two, and was chasing them both all over the place. 9H.

Had two doe's come with 10 min of legal time left, no bucks in tow... So decided to take a crack at one, they pinned me in the tree and after a staring match of about 5 min they settled down, came to full draw with them at 10 yds, clipped a small twig and clear over her back .... Oh well glad it's was a cleen miss instead of a bad hit... Can't wait to get out next weekend , bunch a new scrapes on the way in in 8g and a new one that wasn't there on the way in .... Things are bout ta get interesting

Had a doe and her 2 fawns come into my brassicas at dawn then they got spooked by the neighbor mullin around his backyard. Then i just had a would be 6 point with his left side broken off make a rub on my cedar post i made.....mind you this is the first buck ive seen all year and lets just say ive put my time in.

Wonder if this storm has anything to do with it. Cant wait to get out after sandy passes its gonna be good.

Had a doe and her 2 fawns come into my brassicas at dawn then they got spooked by the neighbor mullin around his backyard. Then i just had a would be 6 point with his left side broken off make a rub on my cedar post i made.....mind you this is the first buck ive seen all year and lets just say ive put my time in.

Wonder if this storm has anything to do with it. Cant wait to get out after sandy passes its gonna be good.

I agree, when the october storm hit here years back my father was able to pull a double and smoke 2 slickheads and was back home having coffee by 8.... meanwhile treeguy was cutting trees and clearing brush for 4746253 hours.... either way, after the storm ill be in the stand this year!!!

Missed a nice 8 broadside this morning, clear lane out my wrong side (right-hand side), misjudged the distance because it is quite a steep downhill..thought I had 35, turned out to be closer to 50 when I marched it off after retrieving my arrow.

He barely noticed it fly under him and trotted about 3 or 4 yards before getting right back into rubbin:

photo2_zps03433f7d.jpg

photo3_zps0f1694ba.jpgphoto4_zps1dc5db1a.jpg

I'll be in the woods most of the day Wednesday, power be damned!

Edited by 7J Everyday

i wish there was such a thing as an ambidextrous bow. i only shoot left handed because im left eye dominant but could and have shot right handed just as good. neither eyes are bad but my left eye is just that much better.

It's called a crossbow, haha... and my Dad and Uncle each just got the same one my grandfather got for christmas...They are down in PA so they can use them during archery...solves the dominant eye/favored shooting side dilemma.

Edited by 7J Everyday
  • Like 1

I sat(ground) for the last hour this evening. Bumped a bedded scrub buck on my way in. With 10 minutes of shooting light I heard bucks fighting and grunting. 20 seconds later 2 doe came running by and stopped 15yds downwind staring at me. A big buck was right on their heels and grunting. He stepped behind some brush and I drew back. The does blew and ran, but the buck stayed behind the brush. He would've only needed to take 2 more steps for a clear shot, but he slowly dissolved into the thicket.

As far as the rut, I'd say from seeing/hearing it first hand that it's upon us! :yahoo:

Edited by PREDATE