Three food plots on my property

Yes they are. Would like to see the Chicory gain a bit on the others. I had a good time putting them in, even had my two daughters helping out.

It will be cool when I bring them back to camp in a month to see the expression on their faces when they see what's growing. (I threw some pumpkin seed in with the turnips)

I did the same thing about 7 years ago. We call ourselves Team Legend. I made a full length movie in Final Cut Pro of all of our hunting adventures. Never got a website going. We hunt out of Schuyler and Steuben counties. What does it take to join you team?

• 2 weeks later...

No I don't. Unfortunately I'm from out-of-town but my brother-in-law usually sets some up for me. Him and his son got permission to hunt a farm that is basically off limits to hunters. My nephew puts in alot of free time with the farmer and got prmission to hunt a 30 acre funnel that links a bunch of plots together. They have pictures of at least 3 8-10 pts and one monster 12. I'm waiting to see picts, so that's where the trail cams are.

• 1 month later...

Pumpkins and the plants are gone, there were about 8 of them. Turnips, chicory and throw and grow not touched??????? Now my field was planted this year in oats and now it is clover, about 2 foot tall. I think the deer are really hitting the clover and standing corn. Any thoughts? Farmer says he will cut the clover soon and just leave it on the field.

• 3 weeks later...

Was up last weekend, none of the food plots have been hit by the deer? ??? Thought they would of been eating the turnips. I guess late season for those.

I do have a 25 acre field of clover they are eating, could this be the answer?

Typically the tops would be eaten pretty well by now, however the turnips themselves probably wont get hit until the lateseason or thereafter. Wow....a 25 acre clover plot...I'm sure that has alot to do with why the turnips are not getting hit.

We have 125 acres of white clover, mixed in with 350 acres of corn the farmer plants on our lease, it gets eaten but the deer don't seem any more excited about the clover than they do the corn... although we have a bunch of other natural food sources on the property.. The clover is not a hybrid its just regular white clover.. part of a NYS program the farmer got involved in.

Thanks guys, I should clarify that the 25 acres is leased to a farmer. It was oats earlier in the year now its clover. The tops of the turnips are still there. I even tasted one and it was not bitter. I check it out as the season moves on. It will be cool to see exactly when the turnips get hit.

All plots are down to dirt...some half eaten turnips here and there and the rye stays a steady 2in.'s  high...the Succra Seed is thinning out rapidly....Clover mixed plots were the first to go....there is nothing left of the elderberry plants save stem...and the berry patches still have some leaves.........