Bear picture

Had my first bear pic last November on the same property I've been hunting for 30 yrs.  Last week I was driving by, and in the neighborsfront lawn was a 250lb bear. Thats two sightings that I've seen in 30 yrs. Would love to get a crack at him this fall. But, I'm nervous about this spring turkey season. Several years ago in the Catskills, I called up a black bear that stalked my position for about a hr. Got within 10 yards of me before he(she) moved off and rubbed it's back on a tree only 50 yards from me. 

My first bear sighting was 30 years ago . Bow hunting sow and 3 cubs . Cubs were trying to climb my stand . They smelled my roast beef sub. Few years  later I was muzzleloader  hunting and had a large bear in front of me at 40 yds . Didnt shoot because  I wasn't sure if bear gun season was open yet . Since then I have had hundreds of bear sightings . Just haven't had the right one step in front of me . In the fall the bears are on the river bottoms in the huge corn fields.  They have been cutting those fields later and later in the year . Ample food keeps them down in the valley and puts them in hibernation later in the winter.

Edited by Nytracker

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen a bear in the wild. Only one trailcam series of a sow with 3 cubs few years ago, ASP we'd designate whoever was the most sober to drive to the garbage dump to look for them, AK no Grizz, was hoping to see one driving thru Tennesee which i learned has a decent population, even at the Buffalo zoo they hide from me