Lifetime License

Lawdwaz

This will be my 11 year with the Lifetime License. One of my better spur of the moment purchases!

$500 Lifetime

$125 Archery

$125 Muzzleloader

I think those last two were $125? I'd have to get up and go pull the file but I'm a bit to comfy right now...........Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

How long have you had yours?

Purchased mine 2000-2001 for $500 lifetime sportsman. I moved out of state later that year. If I were to purchase a hunting license and bear stamp at that time non-res $125 >>>4 year payoff. Ths year's price $140 hunting and $50 bear stamp >> 2-3 year payoff.

Oh yeah, I get two spring and two fall turkey tags which is an additional $50 non-res.

It really payed off as each year I have hunted in NYS and most years I hunt Bear. I should have purchased the additional archery and muzzleloader tags when I had the chance. I am opposed to this crazy taxation of my hunting implements used. I don't think I would pay to use a muzzleloader when I feel it is a right.

I plan on purchasing a lifetime license for my son. right now he is only 6 months old. But if he gets into hunting it will payy off big time for him. I would probably get the lifetime super sportsmen. and hey if he doesnt like hunting then Ill have him sign over the tags to his old man.. if they allow that :biggrin:

Edited by apoallo
  • Like 1

I plan on purchasing a lifetime license for my son. right now he is only 6 months old. But if he gets into hunting it will payy off big time for him. I would probably get the lifetime super sportsmen. and hey if he doesnt like hunting then Ill have him sign over the tags to his old man.. if they allow that :biggrin:

I got it for my daughter 6 months ago (she is now 15 months old). :)

• Like 2

I got my lifetime sportsmens in 1994 or 1998 as a gift when I graduated HS or college (can't remember which), End up moving out of state shortly thereafter for work. with the cost of NR licenses and the amount of time I still spend in NY hunting and fishing, it has paid for itself many times over.

We'll went to the bank, so I could buy my lifetime license. Figure to need $1235 to get sportman, bow, and muzzle loader. Remember when u could but a nice second hand car for that. At the town clerk office, at the last second asked if they take payments, (joking) then decided to get the ssp for $98, and push it off for one more year.

We'll went to the bank, so I could buy my lifetime license. Figure to need $1235 to get sportman, bow, and muzzle loader. Remember when u could but a nice second hand car for that. At the town clerk office, at the last second asked if they take payments, (joking) then decided to get the ssp for $98, and push it off for one more year.

$98 wow, didn't realize it was that much. 12 years or less (the way they increase things) to get your ROI. Shoulda done it!

I bought in stages so I lost track of cost. Started with jus fishing, added sportsman, then 4 years ago added bow in addition to lifetimes for my twin boys before the fee hike. It is truly the best huntingpurchase I made in terms of its return. My favorite part is that all the tags just show up at my door where in the past I was always forgetting to get it and running out last minute.

I bought the licenses for my boys when they were three just in case they move out of the state in the future. If they get into it, I want them to be able to hunt with me in NY. if not, it's a few hundred bucks I would have either drank away or burned on something else. The hole of future hunting with my kids is worth the risk. One boy is looking pretty promising (he found us first shed las year at 7-other boy is on the fence right now). In an extremely sexist move, I did not get one for my daughter who has as much interest as m shed hunter! Any chance I can transfer one licensee to her?

• Like 1