Adding trapping to hunting license?

Muthers

I bought my hunting license back in late August, a super sportsman, and then took my NY trapper course in early September. I received my "trapper education certificate of qualification" card upon completion of the trapper course. DEC website claims that a resident trapper super sportsman license costs the same amount, $88. How then, should I go about adding trapping onto my super sportsman? Do you suppose it will cost me anything? (any spare money could go to broadheads or ammo y'know! or food...I'm always hungry :nyam: )

Thanks for any input, figured I'd ask here first (currently at school 3+ hours away from NY).

Muthers

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By alplausoutdoorsman
      Hey guys, I'm a 17 year old who's looking into hunting. I'm an avid self taught outdoorsman and I've been having lots of trouble finding land to hunt on. I would love to see some people reach out to not only me but other young hunters as well and help them find lands to hunt on. 
    • By Hookhunter20
      Hey everyone, 
       I will be getting my trapping license this fall and obviously I'm about as green as they come. I have property in upstate NY, that has an abundance of predators. I don't want to get into trapping for the money as I know fur price are down these days, but a little money earned and helping my deer, turkey, rabbit, grouse and hopefully reintroduced pheasant population is a win enough for me. I have seen a fisher every time I have scouted and hunted this piece of land. My cousin who lives about five minutes down the road from my property lost about 15 of his "prized show chickens" to a fisher in one night (trail cam confirmed). I have gotten a few coyote and fox pictures as well but have not seen them in person just yet. Primarily my target animal to remove by trapping is the fisher, I like and don't mind putting some hours into fox and coyote hunting with the gun but wouldn't mind grabbing a few of them in a trap as well. Any advice on trap sizes, most reliable beginner priced friendly brands and catching foxes, coyotes, bobcats, racoons, and the fisher would be appriciated!
    • By rocklandtrappers
      The Nysta Calendar fundraising committee is looking for pictures of LIVE catches by NYS Trappers. We ask that only the furbearer appear in the picture.  We have a few design ideas on how to use the pictures. The final design will be decided based on the quality of the picture (s) and how many we receive. The committee will make every effort to give you credit for the submission on the calendar itself. In the event we can't. We will post the submissions on this forum and elsewhere after the calendar is released. If you prefer not to be credited. Please let us know.  

Please submit the photo's to the below email address. Please give us your name and the name of the County your furbearer was trapped in. 

[email protected]

Thanks

Mike Finn

Committee Chair
    • By Dove Huntress
      Sign the petition:
      http://www.thepetitionsite.com/832/485/616/veto-s-065889-a-and-a-08790-a/

To see more issues associated with the mute swan see NY Dove Hunting at:
      http://nydovehunting.weebly.com/mute-swans.html

• By nyhunter1919
      Hey hunters/fisherman/trappers, the rod and gun club that I'm a part of just lost a couple of guys due to them moving away. There's a few openings in the membership and I thought that this website would be a good way of getting the word out and finding some hunters/fisherman/trappers interested in joining. Get in touch with me for more information including, acreage, location, and information about the club, etc. You can call/text me or shoot me an e-mail or simply leave me a message on here. My number is 631-742-9877 and my e-mail address is [email protected]