Where are the deer in 4f

BornToHunt

I'm 4G also... we have 2 does and a young buck running around all year. But the deer population has looked really small the past few years. I was out last year and only saw 2 does all season. Tags are impossible to get there so I think they were pretty much left alone.

Back up there again today still no deer in sight. Not sure whats going on this year. When i first bought my land i would see herds of 5 to 10 deer. Now nothing. This all started happening 2 years ago when the amish family moved in next door. Are they exempt from hunting laws. What i am trying to ask is are they allowed to shoot deer year round, because that would explain alot.

They are all in my food plots and working my mock scrape ...lol.. never a lack of deer by me always been seeing them in fields and on my cams. First time this year I even got pictures of a bruiser bear....all in 4F. I have tons of pictures of does, fawns and young bucks...but not any big boys, I don't get worked up about not seeing big bucks as I try to keep the does happy and the bucks will eventually show....hopefully.

The majority of my bow hunting is done in the Edmeston area. Plenty of deer there. Just waiting for the bigger bucks to start checking out my doe areas. Fawns are still with their mamas, so it is mostly last years bucks, and a few 2 and a halfs right now.

I'm in edmeston also coonhunter haven't seen anything by me. Just the same few does walking around. Not a buck in sight. Maybe the rut will bring them out.

There are times during the season that it seems like every doe and fawn in the county is hanging in my area. But, eventually the bucks show up. I haven't seen an older buck from my stand yet. I usually don't until they start checking the does, so i don't get too excited until the does start kicking their fawns out. Are you hunting in farm land, swamp, fields, or what?

Hardly any apples this year so the deer are on the grass and cut corn fields quite a bit. They will be around as long as you have some good cover. I am starting to see the deer eating the leaves from the berry briars in the woods. i will get back out this weekend and see what is happening.