Where are the deer in 4f

BornToHunt

The majority of my bow hunting is done in the Edmeston area. Plenty of deer there. Just waiting for the bigger bucks to start checking out my doe areas. Fawns are still with their mamas, so it is mostly last years bucks, and a few 2 and a halfs right now.

When I drove to Edmeston the other night to pick up pizza at Spikes I must have seen over 50 deer including on Big buck just outside of Edmeston north of the school.

I hunt in Seward, been hunting with my buddy on his property for 32 years now. We only make it up there for opening weekend each year, which I think is a shame. We had a doe and a 4pt buck last year. My buddy shot both. I always see doe, but I'm just looking for a big buck. 3 years ago a dirt bag neighbor moved away, he was known for year round deer hunting. It seems the population is improving now. Interesting that a bear has been sighted in the area. Something to think about as I walk into the woods in darkness.

As for the Amish, they are subject to the same hunting laws as everyone else.

Hunted Sunday on the new property and kicked out 2 or 3 walking in before light. I sat from 6 to 6 and only saw turkeys. When i left I checked the corn fields that border where I was sitting and 150yrds from where I was in my blind in the woods a large black bear was walking the field edge and dissapeared into the woods when i got out of the truck to take a picture.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of deer movement this morning with a couple young bucks hound dogging through the woods. This afternoon my buddy got a big six we have had targeted for a couple years. Sucked for him to use his tag, but sometimes you have to take a cull out. Big old bruiser dressed out at 188 on the hanging scales. Horns had a lot of mass, but that is about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...