Talk about censorship

I've posted a handful of times in the comments section on Foxnew.com - nothing egregious or offensive, generally making simple points of logic or highlighting alternative  interpretations. Things like, "maybe he's not wearing a mask because he's been forced to, but because he wants to. Seems easy enough to just ask him". Stuff like that.

Like I say, a handful of times at most. I probably haven't posted anything at all in this calendar year; in general, I try to avoid biased news sources like CNN or Fox, but it's become increasingly hard to find any source that doesn't have an agenda. 

Regardless. I was flabbergasted this morning when I went to comment on a Fox article that not only was I unable to sign in, but the link to sign in and in fact the option to sign up to comment had themselves been removed from the webpage entirely. So far as I can figure, I must have been banned. Which makes zero sense to me, but with big brother watching, who knows? And this bothers me to no end, because the easiest way to shut someone down is to steal their voice - as I suspect many of us here appreciate. 

How wonderful to control both the message and the response to it! Compounded internet reverb - and let me be clear, my disdain here is apolitical, and if anything represents criticism of mass media rather than of one side or the other. Anyway, I will post an update if I hear back from Fox, after having submitted a ticket this evening. I wonder how often this sort of thing occurs? In our brave new world...

• Like 1

Well, If you've written anything with M A G A in it, your considered to being a domestic terrorist of the highest order and are being banned from the tolerant + compassionate left.

If your labeled an Ultra M A G A, make sure your affairs are in order, give your loved ones a kiss and turn yourself in.

Consider yourself warned.

• Haha 1

So, they were very responsive. I heard back yesterday evening from Fox, suggesting that it may be a browser issue or my cache.

What's crazy is that when I opened their front page this morning, without doing anything else, the login button had magically appeared. Now, maybe there was a temporary glitch in the system, and I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but then there are things that make you go hmmm...

Something similar happened to me with the DMV when I did a change of address.I've been a registered Republican since I was 19yrs old.When I was looking into where to go and vote in the primaries I get a letter from the election board saying I can't vote because I'm not affiliated with any party??? I don't know if anyone has access to the campaigning and donations I've made to the party,but something funky is going on.My blood is boiling knowing my vote won't be counted.

So, you can't vote in the primary? That's not the same as not being able to vote. and I'm not sure why your blood is boiling. You can still vote in the general election. If you want to vote in the primaries, get yourself registered Republican in your new residence, just like we all do when we move. Easy peasy. 

On 5/5/2022 at 7:14 AM, Northcountryman said:

Probably was , indeed some sort of a computer glitch IMHO, cuz Only one side does the banning- is truly anti free speech, and it aint the right....

Hahahahaha....both sides are equally bad. The difference is how they execute their mission. The left bans what they don't want to hear, the right simply shouts louder so you can't be heard. The guy in the middle is left reeling. Sigh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Hahahahaha....both sides are equally bad. The difference is how they execute their mission. The left bans what they don't want to hear, the right simply shouts louder so you can't be heard. The guy in the middle is left reeling. Sigh.

With all due respect, I dont believe that it is currently equal (although I will agree that they both are guilty of malfeasance in the past).

So, you can't vote in the primary? That's not the same as not being able to vote. and I'm not sure why your blood is boiling. You can still vote in the general election. If you want to vote in the primaries, get yourself registered Republican in your new residence, just like we all do when we move. Easy peasy. 

I like to support my candidate through the whole process. I know for a fact I check the Republican box when I did the address change. According to the election board I won’t be able to vote in the primaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, knehrke said:

Is there other major news sites that offer a comment section?

12 hours ago, rachunter said:

I like to support my candidate through the whole process. I know for a fact I check the Republican box when I did the address change. According to the election board I won’t be able to vote in the primaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that sucks! Best wishes getting it straightened out. The past two years have been ridiculous trying to deal with anything DMV related. Hopefully there's still time.

• Like 1