Piebald deer

ATbuckhunter

Yes I have only ever seen 1 up there and she is dead now. I shot her back in 2009. There is a pic on here somewhere as I posted a pic of her.

I will see if i can find the pic here.

KIll it now and take it out of your gene pool!

I just read as i posted this that they are bad for the genetic make up of the gene pool. I was on the fence about shooting her until i read it.

never heard that before. i have never read anything on them just what i have heard. knew they were not considered albinos, just that they pretty much they had different color pigment.

now i just read this.... many have a bowing of the nose or Roman nose, short legs, curvature of the spine and short lower jaws. This genetic condition is rare with typically less than one percent of white-tailed deer being affected,

Edited by paula

I have this little guy around. I hope he doesn't get shot. I see piebald deer on my property every couple of years and it has always been a button buck or a yearling buck. I have never noticed a defect on them physically to make me want to shoot them. The color is the only thing different.