New article - Untying

left field

a great read and quite an adventure - thanks much !  

Ive had a few close calls back in the days of hard trout fishing myself. Its about all i did for many years.  Including sliding down shear banks to get to that next hole where there HAS to be a giant lurking...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ive had a few close calls back in the days of hard trout fishing myself. Its about all i did for many years.  Including sliding down shear banks to get to that next hole where there HAS to be a giant lurking...

Wading alone in crocodile-infested waters in Mexico for bonefish ... that was harrowing. My head was on a swivel.

I was just past this guy in the opening between the mangroves.

• Sad 1

Wading alone in crocodile-infested waters in Mexico for bonefish ... that was harrowing. My head was on a swivel.
I was just past this guy in the opening between the mangroves.

i wouldnt leave shore until i was lifted out in a helicopter.  F that!  Wow 

And by helicopter I mean full on gunship!

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i wouldnt leave shore until i was lifted out in a helicopter.  F that!  Wow 

And by helicopter I mean full on gunship!

That video was from a few years before I fished the area. But crocodiles live forever. 

You enter the water from the right behind the mangroves and the best flat is on the left across the channel. That means swimming across the channel for about 30'. No way I doing that. 

• Like 1

Fantastic.

I have tried that only out of frustration to no success to Rising (splashy rises) fish who refuse the caddis even when they are on the water. They were grabbing the emerging caddis it seemed so I clipped off the elk hair and fished it just below the water line and under some foam. After some perfect drifts through areas with splashing fish and no strikes, I threw a rock in the pool and stormed home like a baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 3