Morning or evening

Tennessee9

Well first off you cant shoot a deer if your not in the woods lol. Not a big morning hunter myself, hardly ever see deer then. Anytime from 10 till dark is a good time for this guy. BUT it probably is just my stand selections. So I stick with what I know and what works for me. All you can do is try and make a personal judgment.

For me it depends on the stand setup. I have places I wouldnt think to go to in the am (foodplots) but I also have spots that cater to both am & pm hunts like acorn ridges. I love to hunt whenever I can but the mornings have an edge for me.

I hunt mostly AM,2 to 1. I try to do 2 AM's 1 PM repete.In the rut both or all day. Love the Am watch the woods wake up,still have all day to go to the gym,yard work , run the dog and so forth. I hate getting home at 8:30 at night like last night .

5 Morning hunts so far with 12 Sightings (10 Doe, 2 Smaller Buck) and 3 Legit Chances and 1 Harvest....Have seen atleast one deer every morning out.

3 Evening hunts so far with 2 Sightings (1 Big Doe, 1 Nicer 6-8 Buck) and 1 Legit Chance...did not see deer on 2 of the 3 evening hunts.

I should note that I only went to my proven evening stand once, and I had two deer walk right under me that night..its also a breeding ground so I have a feeling when I get back there one afternoon this week I will be seeing deer.

Edited by 7J Everyday