youth hunt

RobC

could be upset? lol now i have bow hunters in the woods the whole early season. luckily most are nice and friendly when i do happen upon the even though i try and avoid hunting woods where i see vehicles.honestly we all have the right to pursue our chosen game on any given state parcel but i like to give space. and as long as i don't have another bow hunter draw down on my dog ever again i will be happy.

I hunted near state land yesterday and didnt hear a single shot, and there was one car parked there.

That's kind of how things were on the state land that I hunt. And the two cars that were parked in the parking lot could have been bowhunters or small game hunters, or even hikers or bikers. So I don't know whether anyone was there because of the youth hunt. That is all pretty much as I had predicted. I'm beginning to wonder if the DEC estimate of 8000 statewide might have been badly mis-judged. Of course I will admit that the rain at the beginning of the day sure didn't help a lot.

• Like 1

I heard a shot a 6:07 am this morning!! I'm sure it was just a GREAT MENTOR who was showing the kid to shot them early before dawn because it's your best chance to kill a deer!!

keep posting you are simply proving my point. What caliber was the gun and where did they hit the illegal deer? Details please

I heard a shot a 6:07 am this morning!! I'm sure it was just a GREAT MENTOR who was showing the kid to shot them early before dawn because it's your best chance to kill a deer!!

If you go back and look through threads, you will see a lot who think that daylight to dark is ok. So why not for the youth?

Sure? How?

If you where positive, why not turn them in?

I'm betting the DEC would love to put the hammer down on the few who might try to take advantage and discredit the program.

Well I wasn't whining...just stating kids were out hunting..and If you can't tell the difference in the sound of a 12ga going off and a 20ga...you need a hearing aid...they make a distinct different sound...I've been able to tell the difference for many many a year...Here's another one you can claim erroneously as being BS...I can and have...actually for a ECO...pinpointed exactly where a person was when shooting a 12ga gun and I was a 1/2 mile down the hill ...Took him to the property line and said walk in there...he found the shells and foot prints where the guy was standing 10yrds in...then found where they dragged an ungutted deer to a car and drove off...I back tracked and found the poplar tree that saved the neighbors life....They had nearly shot my neighbor as she was screaming stop shooting...I was listening for her shot ...because she called to say she was going out and asked if I would take care of the deer if she got one...headed out when I heard the 12 and not her 20 ga shoot 3 times...got to her before John Hill did and took him up.... she was so upset she didn't know where the shots where coming from..just heard the tree get hit and the other two whizz by

Edited by growalot