Columbia County mountain lion.

BK40

Holy smokes, that's a big kitty, and that's exactly why you should always carry a piece with you, bow season or not...just saying...I'm not saying that I do....allegedly... :-)

Always have a ratchet with me, You're crazy walking the woods without one. I was coming out the other night and I had a gray fox coming running up within 10 feet of me. He stopped and looked figured something was wrong and split. He was 1 foot away from a Speer .38 JHP +P.

I love how states keep denying that these exist with the overwhelming amoun of proof that they do!

• Like 1

Always have a ratchet with me, You're crazy walking the woods without one. I was coming out the other night and I had a gray fox coming running up within 10 feet of me. He stopped and looked figured something was wrong and split. He was 1 foot away from a Speer .38 JHP +P.

I love how states keep denying that these exist with the overwhelming amoun of proof that they do!

what overwhelming amount of proof?

We aren't talking about big foot here, we are talking about something that was indiginous to the region. North Dakota is a pretty long walk. Find that hard to believe. I know a farmer in Brooklyn PA that called DEC because he was having a problem with one and wanted to kill it legally. They said that MT Lions don't exist in PA even though he had multiply pictures and eveyone in his family had seen it. So he asked them if doesn't exist theres nothing stopping me from killing it because it doesn't exist. The DEC gave him a 24 hr number to call and they would come and get if he got it. Even if this one did walk from ND you can't believe others had or made the closer trek down from Canada? All of these sightings are hoax's?

I dunno,.... It took NYS a long time to fess up to the wild boar issue after sightings were reported from Erie Cty all the way east to Broome and Cortland. Adirondack area folks have been talking about big kitty's for the last decade. I have seen them in the flesh (or fur as it would be) in the South Carolina Low Country. They are no nonsense animal. That said,... It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the good folks at the DEC were trying to keep a lid on this.

first result I found.......... http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/27/us-mountainlion-idUSTRE76Q5ZE20110727

theres been tons of "sightings" from all over the place, NY and beyond that proved to be anything but a mountain lion, again, large house cats to golden retrievers have been falsly ID'd as lions, and with all the game cameras that are out there, you would think that a few more pictures would show up

Reports from PA-CT of sightings, trail camera photos, dna evidence and oh yea one got killed by a car last year in CT

http://www.nytimes.c...ticut.html?_r=0

PS:There is a reason they call Penn State the Nittany Lions!

The CT cat was proven not to be from the NE.

Would love to see and verified dna, scat, or any physical evidence.

Funny thing ion the sightings - more allegedly get sited here then in the states out west where they have seasons and bodies.

im sorry but the DEC needs to read the signs, and man up and quit telling us that every confirmed sighting of a cougar was of a cougar just "passing through".....cuz thats what cougars do is pass through. but to where? if a truly wild cougar is here on its own free will then id consider its well within its home range lol i dont care if its dna traces back to north dakota...... my dna traces back to europe... your point???

one reason you may not hear about sightings as much out west is simply because of the vastness of the area and there is a lot less people in a given area.

im sorry but the DEC needs to read the signs, and man up and quit telling us that every confirmed sighting of a cougar was of a cougar just "passing through".....cuz thats what cougars do is pass through. but to where? if a truly wild cougar is here on its own free will then id consider its well within its home range lol i dont care if its dna traces back to north dakota...... my dna traces back to europe... your point???

one reason you may not hear about sightings as much out west is simply because of the vastness of the area and there is a lot less people in a given area.

same page here.

There has only ever been a few confirmed sightings in NY and all were associated with the ONE that wandered through. The rest of the supposed sightings have all been proven as misidentification or completely unsubstantiated. Most are just plain fakes. You can buy into the conspiracy theories and nonsense all you want, but until there is verifiable proof that they are here, its all BS.

Think about how many trail cams are active in NY at all times of the year, and zero verifiable pics of any MLs. Now before you say how hard it would be to verify a trail cam pic, thats nonsense, i can easily verify any and all trail cam pics i have ever gotten with my cams.