Tree stand VS Ground Blind

Guns&ReligionCop

Let's see how fired up we can get people. Sorry to leave you spot and stalk hunters out but this is is for those of us who like to sit around. I myself use both but I feel like hunting from a ground blind is a lot more comfortable and you are a lot less likely to get busted but for some reason I still prefer being up in a tree. What about you?

Neither. I always sit against a tree or stone wall when hunting deer. Never in a tree stand, never in a ground blind. If I get cold or bored I do a very slow walk. 2 steps, look/listen, repeat. A normal 10 minute walk should take at least an hour like this. I have practically stepped on many deer like this, especially in bad weather.

Even with the crossbow, I sit on the ground against a tree or bush, etc.

I hunt almost exclusively from the trees but we always set up a few ground blinds and i must admit that on those rainy or nasty days where many don't bother to get out of bed, they are awesome. Its almost like a little vacation to get in there when its raining, and spread all your gear out and fidget and eat and stretch and sleep.... And still be..well..technically hunting. I only have a limited amount of time to hunt and i'm going to the woods rain or shine so ground blinds will always be part of my plans.

this year will be the first time with a blind or a stand. sitting in stand i like the view i have but a tree is in my way and i cant cut it down. i don't like heights so i an pretty much gripping with every body part i have so a few of the muscles hurt from that lol. no matter what i am using it this yr since i paid for it. bad days i will be in my blind.

I have one 12 foot two man stand. I use it some but mostly ground blinds I have around the property. Just more comfy in a chair on the ground not all strapped in. Plus I have fallen off bar stools higher than my chair. And better in bad weather.

• Like 1

I have never spent a minute in a "ground blind" Sure, I've hunted from the ground but to be honest, you could probably count on one hand all the deer I've ever shot from the ground. (ok, maybe two hands)

I HATE being on the ground. Most of the time I'd rather NOT hunt if I had to sit on a stump or even a folding chair. Hate it.

I do a lot of all day sits and have been more than tempted a few times to go buy a ground stand and put a little buddy heater in there. I love my pop up shanty with heat for ice fishing I'd think its the same? -as for being afraid of the fall from a tree, it's not bad just the sudden stop when you hit the ground that hurts-

Chris

I like a climber because I try to scout my way into a prime bowhunting spot. I will climb a tree well downwind from a potential hotspot, and work my way closer as I figure out the exact spot i need to be. I am not someone that feels the need to be 30 feet in the air. Most of the time i am 18 -20 feet up just to cover some of the rolling contours of the land i like to hunt.

During the first few days of gun season I will carry my climber in and out, but as the deer start to get pressured, I will just carry a folding chair in a shouder bag to sit on the ground for awhile. If there is no action, I will just fold the chair up and walk to the next knoll or valley and set up again. although I walk quite a ways in to hunt most of my spots, I really prefer to sit my hunts out. I have had success still hunting, but prefer to sit in a stand.

I have never spent a minute in a "ground blind" Sure, I've hunted from the ground but to be honest, you could probably count on one hand all the deer I've ever shot from the ground. (ok, maybe two hands)

I HATE being on the ground. Most of the time I'd rather NOT hunt if I had to sit on a stump or even a folding chair. Hate it.

Yo waz, not sure where you hunt but there were tons of deer shot from the ground or just sitting behind the tree, so not sure where the hate comes from, elaborate please...I would like to learn ...what's your beef?