Do you pee in a bottle or right out of your stand

burmjohn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let 'er rip ......... no bottle for me. Frankly I have not had a time where I even suspected that a deer was spooked by it. I have seen this argued back and forth on forums and, there are as many opinions one way as the other.

I have read articles that claim that chemically there is no difference between human urine and deer urine. Also, I have heard of people "freshening up a scrape" with their own urine and having bucks come in and start tearing the scrape up.

The other side of the coin is that if you consider just how sensitive a deer's nose is, how could they not know the difference? These are animals that can tell the breeding readiness of a doe simply by smelling the urine. They even identify each other with the urine smell. That is why the argument goes on forever and ever in forums. Good points to each side of the discussion.

I am just too lazy to carry an empty bottle in and the full bottle out, and run the risk of it all coming apart in my pack .....lol. Plus I would never remember it anyway.

Doc

I used to bottle years ago . I quit doing that and just started wizzing whenever I had to go . I also pee in scrapes when I see them . A couple years ago I was in a 15' ladder stand . A button buck walked to the base of the stand where I had pee'd , sniffed and looked up when I moved . I had my bino camera and the BB was so close the pic came out fuzzy . The BB just wandered off nonchalantly . The pee didn't bother him at all .

i let fly from my climber,it dont bother them.sometimes the noise of the pee hitting the leave makes the curiouse to come around.but on the other hand (I DO NOT TAKE A CRAP)i think the smell of it carries the sent out,spooks them.i always make sure i go before i leave the house

I piss in a bottle while Bow hunting in New York I am not saying it makes a difference ether way. I just don't want to take any chances as I only get one or two weeks in New York to bow hunt.

In Texas during rifle season I just piss out the back door of my blind usually. We have a lot more opportunities there to get a deer. 2 1/2 months basically

unless you have a way ot totally seal a bottle, scent will emit form the bottle.  I would prefer my scent be on the ground then a deer wondering why way up in tree smells like urine and looking up to see.